Maiasuar Mishap

"OHHH THERE ONCE WAS A MAN NAMED MICHAEL FINNEGIN. HE HAD SOME WHISKERS ON HIS CHIN-NE-GIN. TRIED TO CUT THEM OFF BUT THEY GREW IN AGAIN. POOR OLD MICHAEL FINNEGIN. BEGIN AGAIN! OHHH-" Owen groaned into the palms of his hands as he listened to Felix scream at the top of his lungs in the backseat trying to get Hunter and him to sing with him. Felix was ten times more annoying than any other person he had dealt with, he didn't understand how or why Emma put up with him.

Hunter impatiently tapped the steering wheel, trying to block out the annoying sound of Felix's deep voice and pay attention to the beeping of the video collar. The raptor had taken them across a small creek and into the restricted area where the old park was. Some carnivores still roamed loose over in this area, mainly dilophosaurs and the occasional chirping compsognathus. He could feel his brain ache as Felix continued to sing...horribly. He wondered if Owen would be deeply and morally upset if he dropped him off in the middle of carnivore territory. Hunter scowled, Owen was a goody goody of course he'd care.

He let out an irritated sigh as he listened to the passenger in the backseat croak out more melodic tunes. "Twenty two, freaking times..." Owen complained into his hands as Felix started up another verse. He instantly regretted bringing Felix along, he no longer wished to bond with his girlfriends partner. Hunter glared over at the raptor specialist, who's face looked cherry red with annoyance. "We had to bring him? We had to bring him?" Hunter ripped on Owen who continued to groan loudly.

He was puzzled why the other two grown men didn't want to join on his song. He felt a little offended. "OHHH-" Felix crooned up another annoying verse. Hunter slammed on his brakes causing Owen to hit his head on the dashboard, his seatbelt giving him some protection, as Felix to rammed into the backside of Owen's seat hard since he had no restraint on him. "If you keep bloody singing I'm gunna turn this car around and take you back." Hunter threatened, glaring at Felix who held his head gingerly, his thick accent coming out. "Undastand?" Felix nodded his head slowly as he sat back in his seat. He instantly took a disliking to Hunter, all he was trying to do was make this trip fun.

Owen leaned his head back against the window looking out at the scenery, trying to relax his mind after Felix's and Hunter's debacle. He furrowed his brows as he gazed at his surroundings, it finally clicked that they were in the restricted area. He hadn't been on this side of the island since the Indominous Rex incident. He shuddered a little bit, thinking back to it. Sometimes he couldn't get it's hideous roar out of his head, it just kept replaying causing him to have massive headaches that even medicine couldn't fix.

The restricted side of the park had been where the original Jurassic Park was going to be until that park ultimately failed and was abandoned to rot into rubble. Owen was glad that Emma and Alan hadn't joined him and Claire on the Indominous Rex excursion, Alan may have had a heart attack seeing the old park and reminiscing about the dangers he encountered. Not like he didn't do that already, Owen had heard the time where he was stuck on Isla Sorna and was surrounded by a raptor pack but was saved by some kid. It got more eccentric every time he reiterated it.

"So where is this maiasuar at?" He questioned Hunter, breaking the awkward silence that fell between the three men. Hunter bit his bottom lip, he honestly wasn't paying much attention to the maiasuars tracking device but more along the lines of the collar's tracking mechanism. He looked towards the screen with nervous eyes, he hoped he was on the right trail.

His heart was relieved when the monitor said it was about one and a half kilometers away. "She's a click away north of here." He assured the suspicious raptor trainer, he didn't feel nervous anymore as he eyed up Owen's relaxed posture. "Well then, this'll be a short scouting trip." Owen replied with a small yawn. He hadn't gotten much sleep due to the raptors, they were relentless on trying to make his life miserable.