Meeting the Investors

The room was brightly lit, with white walls and a large glass mirror on one side of the room that was sure to be a double sided mirror so security could watch whoever was in the room. Emma twiddled with her thumbs as she sat at the metal table in the center of the room, she was nervous but she was relieved that her father was relaxing in the metal chair next to her. His presence seemed to comfort her.

They had been sitting in the bright interrogation room in the security sector for more than twenty minutes. If everyone was running late Emma would've taken her time getting ready in the hotel room when security came knocking on her door this morning rather than throwing her hair haphazardly up in a messy bun and carelessly grabbing the first short sleeved shirt and pants she could find in her suitcase.

It had been three days since she had told Claire about Isla Rebelde, three days since Claire had placed her in a hotel room so she could be kept under constant watch, three days since she had last spoken with Owen. As angry as Claire was at first, she did seem rather relieved. She finally had dirt on InGen and she could finally clear Jurassic World's name. But she didn't get off that easily.

Once she told her investor he wanted to meet with Emma, face to face, and take her testimony of what James had done to her. Emma wasn't the only one being interrogated it seemed. The seamless white door opened up, catching her and Alan's attention, as Hunter stumbled into the room looking half asleep.

The hair on the back of Emma's neck stood on edge as she watched him sluggishly take the seat next to her. She hadn't forgiven him on giving her captors information in her. She wasn't like Owen, she couldn't easily forgive people. Especially since he's part of the reason she's in this mess. "Dr. Grants." He greeted the two with a large yawn. He was jet lagged.

He had just flown back from Australia for his brothers funeral when Claire caught him as he landed last night and told him that he was going to be questioned for the time he worked at InGen at seven in the morning. He was running on four hours of sleep and he felt as if he were dying. He still couldn't believe Claire was up at the time to catch him hopping off the small aircraft on the even smaller runway.

The devil worked hard but Claire Dearing seemed to worked harder.

He lazily tilted his head to look over at the paleontologists. "Do you know what's going on? Why are we being questioned, now?" He asked in a groggy voice, earning an eye roll from Emma. "I told Claire about Isla Rebelde." She shortly answered. Hunter gazed in Emma's blue eyes with a confused look splaying across his face. Was that supposed to be something he knew about? "What's that?" He asked earning yet another eye roll from her. "Don't play dumb. The island James wanted all the carnivores sent to."

"I honestly have no idea what you're talking about, sweetheart."

"Bull." She growled out, Hunter scoffed in reply. It was too early to deal with someone who was rude. He may explode back, then he wouldn't hear the end of it from Owen. Thinking of him reminded him of a good conversation starter, especially since she seemed to be so tense this early.

"So, how's Owen?" He asked as a general question, dropping the negativity of the last conversation. Emma ignored the question with a scoffing huff, while Alan leaned behind her to look at Hunter. "They broke up." He mouthed to the Australian who nodded in acknowledgement.

Hunter felt a strange feeling of glee rise up in the pit of his stomach as he thought of the pair being separated. His first instinct was to get Owen's goat. He cleared his throat, gaining Emma's unfortunate attention. He flashed her a fake but charming smirk. "I heard you're into raptor specialists. I don't mean to sound too appealing to you but I happen to be one." He jokingly flirted with a wink that made Emma's eye twitch with irritation.