A Proposal You Can't Refuse

"Emma, why can't you listen?" Owen scolded as he followed her towards the end he of a rectangular fountain that lined up with Main Street (Claire deemed it well decorative, he deemed it as a good hiding spot).

Emma was only doing as she was instructed by Colton which was to take cover and shoot from afar to see if the animal had any weak points. Owen had taken the liberty to escort her to her position, just in case the animals came too close for comfort. And to lecture her.

She rolled her eyes as she squatted down behind the fountain, loading her gun. "You know listening isn't my strong suit." She quipped, making him breathe out a disheveled sigh.

"Heads up!" Felix shouted as he approached them, squatting behind the fountain with his partner.

They watched as one of the raptors from Blue's pack came flying towards them. It skittered on the ground, falling short before the fountain. Emma gasped at how hard it had suffered from the fall but, was at a loss of words when she watched it stand back up on its two feet, swaying for a moment before charging at the Diablous again.

"Durable little things." Her partner noted, gaining a small smile from her. He quickly looked up at Owen who was glaring at Emma still for being out here. Felix cleared his throat, grabbing Owen's attention. He seemed lost at the gesture.

"Maybe you should leave the arguing for another time and get in your position?" Felix inquired to Owen, leaning his head in the direction in which they had come from.

He was supposed to be up there with Colton and Hunter, finding a more direct root to kill the creature. Felix had volunteered to stay a good distance away with Emma to make sure she didn't get into anymore trouble.

Owen pinched the bridge of his nose in an irritated fashion. Something told him his girlfriend wasn't exactly going to stay put. He crouched down next to her and grabbed her by the cheek, pushing his lips against the top of her head. It was short but, it was enough to grab her attention away from the battle.

Her eyes lingered up to his green, concerned eyes. "Stay put." Owen demanded, pointing to the ground with his finger. She sheepishly smiled up at him. "Sure thing." She agreed with a daze to her voice. If there was anything that he could hope for her to listen to it was when he was doing his boyish charm.

Owen returned the sheepish smile for a moment before returning to reality. He gave Felix a trusting nod before turning on his heel and heading towards Colton. His stomach was filled with anxiety the whole time.

He was trusting Felix with his girlfriend and his daughters life, granted he had trusted his life with him but, Owen considered himself not to be as fragile as Emma.

Emma on the other hand disagreed completely. She found herself more than capable of handling sticky situations in a calm fashion like the one at hand. She had not gotten hurt nor was confronted by an InGen operative this whole time. She considered that on luck and wit.

As she thought of it a bit more, she did get captured by InGen and that's why this whole mess is arising right now. A snarl from the Diablous brought her thoughts back to the mess at hand.

"You know we're going to have to put Rexie back in her pin after this, right?" She grimaced as she fiddled with loading her gun. Her partner coldly laughed as he began aiming towards the Diablous's thick scaly hide. "Just what I wanted to hear." He quipped. "More asinine ideas."

"There's always asinine things when I'm around." She smirked. Her partner rolled his eyes before taking a shot at the Diablous's leg. It bounced off its leg like a marble. "Dammit." He hissed under his breath.

"It's like it was rubber. It's hide is took thick, it's like armor." Emma noted.

"It's like they took whatever the formula they made to make the Indominous and multiplied it by five." Felix agreed.