The Perfect Time

The room burst with an explosive noise as the government official that had been listening to the entire press conference called for a trial Jurassic World v. InGen. The woman on the screen on InGen's behalf scowled for a moment before the screen went totally black.

"A date for the trial will have to be decided before any actions are to take place," The government official from Costa Rica announced to the prying reporters. "Until then, we are placing the C.E.O. of InGen James Young, the head of the science division Dr. Henry Wu, and anyone associated in the attack on Jurassic World in detainment until the date is set. Until then the conference is over."

And within the snap of a finger the screen the senator was on disappeared into darkness as well, leaving the noisy reporters to get statements from Emma, Hunter, Claire, Alexis, and Adair, all of them were directed to stay quite until the press coverage had fled the room.

Emma's heart was beating at a rapid pace. James was in detainment, she was free until the trial. For the first time in forever, she didn't have to fear anything. She could walk by herself without the constant threat of being killed by one of InGen's operatives. She was relieved that she no longer had to live in fear from InGen anymore, now that everyone knew of their intent to sell militarized animals to personal armies.

She caught herself looking in the crowd of reporters for a familiar set of eyes. Anyone's that she knew of. Alan or Felix, but primarily she wanted to seek out Owen's. How she wished he saw how selfless she was, how charismatic, not a single tear was shed during her tale of the time spent in InGen's presence. As a captive. Something that will haunt her forever even though the looming threat of James was gone.

She scanned through the crowd to only find a pair of familiar grey eyes locked on her. Her father grinned as he caught her sight, forcing her to smile in return for acknowledgment. She had worried about him as well. He lived alone, in the middle of Montana which was almost absent of human life as well. An easy target for people to just forget about or not realize he was missing, until his daughters or peers tried to get in touch.

He stood out among the rest of the people in the room, wearing a simple brown sweater vest and a red tie seemed to stand out amongst the crowd of black expensive suits. He always had a knack for dressing casual during formal situation, his sense of style dated him.

She embraced her smiling father for a long while, knowing that she'd be safe and everyone she knew would be fine. He smelt strongly of after shave but the familiar scent of him was comforting to her. "I'm proud of you. You did a very adult thing." Alan complimented as he continued to hug her, almost suffocating her in the borrowed blazer from the lost and found. No doubt he would be throwing it away after all the sweat he had procreated in it.

Emma pried away from her father to take in his features, the matted brown and greying hair attaching to his sweat drenched forehead, the small dimples that accompanied a warm smile. "Kate? Mom?" She questioned him, wanting to know how they were doing.

Alan rolled his eyes teasingly as he remembered the conversation he had with the both of them. Kate was naturally worried but excited, while Lucy was sent into a pure meltdown mode. Alan hadn't talked to Lucy for that long since their separation. It was pleasant. The scenario wasn't but just the constant conversation and check ups made him realize how much he had missed out on being with someone. He just was too consumed in his work.

"Peachy." Alan replied to her. As she thought about her mother and her sister she pondered on how she was sure to be lectured by her mother and teased by Kate. Especially Kate. It was one of the first times she had seen her genuinely mad at her and in front of Sam.

She pulled away, frowning, as she thought of the cringeworthy way she acted while she was in the presence of Sam, a person who technically wasn't in their kooky family (but no doubt wanted to). "Sam?" Her voice trembled a little as she brought it up to her father, who nodded his head. "He's Sam. He doesn't care, nor do I think he has the guts to care. You know how much of a whiner he is."