Come Belay with Me

Owen huffed and puffed as he strode up the leafy hill behind Hunter, Felix softly mumbling a song under his breath behind him. Owen looked up towards the sky, watching the twinkling stars that lit up the night sky. It had to be past nine at night, he thought Emma or Claire would've have a search party out looking for them at this time but, he guessed wrong. "How much longer?" Felix asked from the back of the group in a tired, raspy, voice.

Hunter gazed up at the night sky in desperation of some guidance or resemblance of the surroundings to tell them where they were. "I don't know." Hunter answered honestly, stopping dead in his tracks. Owen stopped after him, he felt the need to gasp for air a little to catch his breath, they had been stumbling around in the jungle soaking wet since what he guessed around four. "We need to make a fire before we die of hypothermia." Owen instructed while watching Felix shiver and freeze. "As soon as we're warm enough we can start our venture back towards the park but, it's useless to try to find sanctuary if we're setting ourselves up to die from the cold." He directed this towards Hunter, giving him a pleading yet stern look.

Hunter appeared to be shivering as well, his lips blue like the rest of them but, still he held a firm and defying glare at Owen. "All right, we'll follow your lead for now." Hunter's voice cracked from the raspiness as began to venture off to a nearby tree. Owen grabbed ahold of Felix's arm in a concerned fashion. Felix looked up at him with red irritated eyes from exhaustion, dark circles started to form under his eyes making it appear as if his eyes were sinking in.

"Come on. We're going to get home safe, we just need to rest. Especially you." Owen said with a small smile towards Felix. "Let's set up here." Hunter called towards them from in between a large trees roots. The roots seemed to create an illusion that they were safe from the dangers from the outside world even though they had no idea if there could be any raptors or even other carnivorous dinosaurs that lurked throughout the night outside of the park.

Owen helped Felix over the root of the large tree, sitting him down in the middle near the base of the tree before turning to Hunter. "I'm going to go find some wood. Stay here with Felix. Do you have a lighter in those fancy black pants you got on there?" Owen teased Hunter, earning an eye roll from him. "Here. It was in my fancy pants." Hunter snapped back, handing out a small flashlight towards Owen.

Owen smiled in appreciation at the flashlight before he hastily climbed over the root and into the jungle. He thought of how he felt bad about the situation that he had drug Felix in, as he began to pick up sticks for the fire. Well he really didn't drag him into it Felix drug himself into it but he wouldn't've if Owen had kept his mouth shut and didn't feel the need to challenge Hunter. He just keeps putting Felix's life in danger somehow.

Owen wondered off with a large bushel of sticks in his arms as he walked towards a large cliff was. He questioningly peered over the side of the cliff, gasping at the sight that he had come across. The old aviary still stood with two large holes in it from the Indominous Rex incident, one from a helicopter that Masrani was flying and the other from the Indominous itself. If he was looking at the aviary then they weren't too far away from the actual park. His heart filled with an overwhelming joy, he could finally go home and spend time with Emma, she was the only thing he could think of as they trudged through the wilderness.

A long hissing sound from behind him snapped his attention away from the aviary to look behind him. There only a few feet away was the raptor he had once been the alpha of, the raptor he had once raised on his own that he almost felt too close to, Blue. "Blue?" Owen questioned aloud, his voice cautious as he continued to stare at her. She cocked her head in confusion towards him as he began sitting the large pile of sticks down to the ground. He didn't know if she thought of him as her alpha but he knew she recognized him, he could feel it.