Fatherly Advice

The rain had just started to come down on the small island of Isla Nublar. It was dusk and the rain seemed to bring everyone on the island grief and remorse of what had recently happened. The rain didn't keep everyone away and inside for the night.

The hum of music blasting was heard from outside of the black Jeep, the driver seemed to swerve as it appeared she was singing along with the song. "Stay with me. 'Cause your all I need!" Emma sang with the song playing on the radio as she drove off towards the Innovation Center to try to catch a private flight out of Isla Nublar.

Since it was a small island that couldn't hold a huge airport, she was going to have to look inconspicuous while chartering the flight in the control room. Then she'd probably have to hide out until the plane landed. Avoiding prying eyes like Claire, who was bound to be furious at her. "This ain't love that's clear to see!" Emma continued to sing, looking across the way towards Roscoe who was perkily sitting up in the passenger seat whining softly.

He had no idea what was going on. Only that the music was too loud that it hurt his ears and his owner was serenading him. Emma realized his whining and turned the music down a bit, before belting out again. "But darlin' stay with me!" Roscoe leaned his head back and began howling while Emma continued to sing her heart out to the sad song. "Let it out bud!" She began smoothing down the dogs copper fur on the back of his head as he continued to howl along with the song.

Sam Smith, the master of break up songs. She cringed as she thought of the word "break up", causing her heart to feel a slight pang of sadness. This what had just happened. They had just broken up. Although there was no clear "we're finished" statement, she knew it was over as soon as she walked out of the door.

Even though he invited her to step out of it she knew he was just challenging her, seeing if she dared to do it. She was stupid enough to actually go through with it. Tears started to build up in her eyes. A life without Owen. A life where her daughter wouldn't know her own father.

She debated on whether or not to tell her daughter about her father. If she told her, it would risk the relationship they would have, if she didn't and she found out it would also ruin the relationship they had. She'd hate her just like she was hating herself at the moment. As she approached the construction zone of Main Street, she was in silent agony.

Tears falling down her face, her cheeks were hot. She was a mess. She couldn't walk into the Innovation center looking choked up. People would wonder what was wrong, she'd draw too much attention to herself. She parked near the employee entrance of the animal paddocks, sniffling and trying her best to stop looking like a sorry sack.

The glow of a couple of still working restaurants illuminated the car. She couldn't help but cry, this was a large change in her life and she didn't know if she could do this alone. She wasn't alone. She looked at the seat next to her to look endearingly over at Roscoe, who was panting with excitement, then to her small bump in her stomach.

She could make it, she could survive for them. They needed her they depended on her. They didn't have to have Owen, they could just have her and she could have them all to herself. She took several deep breaths, closing her eyes to avert the pain she felt.

It was far worse than any physical pain she had been in...so far. It felt like someone was tearing her to shreds on the inside. In the back of her head, she could hear a tiny voice saying it was her fault she was putting herself through this. She agreed, she was putting herself through this horrible pain but she was so focused on getting to safety and making sure her daughter was safe as well that she was willing to go through with it.

As she tried to calm herself down she became distracted by Roscoe's whining. She hushed him but he failed to listen to her. Annoyed she finally rested her eyes on him to see what he was whining over. She froze as she saw her father knock on the window. The tattered hat that had been through so much was soaked from the drizzle, so were his shoulder of his plaid shirt, he was obviously shaking from the cold rain.