Because We're the Bad Guys

The Dearing's

Gray ran ahead of his family, skipping up the stairs of the visitors center eagerly. It was like he had completely forgotten about the incident last year. Karen hadn't, and she nervously bit her finger nails as Gray darted ahead of them. "Gray! Sweetie! Why don't you wait for us?" Karen called up ahead at the nine year old who had stopped as he reached the large doors of the visitors center. "Oh thank god." Karen whispered to herself, causing her ex husband to chuckle a little. "He's a kid and the park is completely safe now, let him be." Scott chimed to her as they began to climb the stairs of the visitors center. Karen rolled her eyes to herself. "Maybe that's easy for you to say but, I'm worried. He's my baby." Karen replied gazing up at the beaming kid who impatiently hopped up and down.

Karen's eyes lingered back to look behind her to watch as Zach climbed up the stairs behind them with his red headphones on. She wished that he'd tune in a bit more to family conversations but, he was seventeen now, what was she going to do when he turned eighteen. She shook her head, she didn't want to think about it. Karen approached Gray who was repeatedly telling them to hurry before he turned to push open the large doors. She gasped at the largeness of the center, she had never been to Jurassic World and she had never witnessed anything as amazing as this. "It's just like before!" Gray tipped excitedly.

Karen glanced up to the second level to see Claire leaning on the side of the railing talking with the rest of the family. Of course she was the late one. Well that's what happens when you have kids she assumed. "Zach, head phones off we're going to see your aunts. Tune in for once. Gray, settle down, there's no need to be this hyper. Scott, act decent." Karen commanded her three men before ascending the staircase that lead to the second level. Gray darted ahead of them, causing Karen to groan. Of course he didn't listen.

Gray bounded up the sleek, marble, stairs and towards a man in a black suit that had black greying hair and soft green eyes. "Uncle Dan!" He shouted as he clasped his arms around him. "Dinosaur Gray! How're we doing buddy?" Dan asked him while rustling his fluffy, brown, hair. Gray leaned back to look at him with a wide smile spread across his face. "Fine. I didn't throw up on the flight this time." He informed Dan, who in turn lightly laughed at his nephew. "Well that's always good." Gray's hand got latched onto by the woman standing beside Dan, she pulled him forward and showered him with kisses on his forehead. "Where's my hello? Huh?" She teased as he tried to wiggle away from her. "Stop it, Aunt Andrea." He hissed, clambering to escape her grip.

"Gray." His father said in a warning tone as Andrea let Gray go. "It's fine." Andrea chided towards Scott before opening her arms up towards Zach. "You're getting so big." She gaped as she hugged Zach. Karen smiled at how polite Zach was acting towards all the attention. "Have you figured out where you're going to college?" Andrea asked as she released him. Zach made somewhat of a hissing sound as he rubbed the back of his head. "Kind of. But not yet, I'm thinking Florida or Penn state." He admitted earning a disgruntled face from his aunt Andrea. "Penn state? Really? Ick." She teased. "What do you want to do over there?"

"I'm hoping to go for animal sciences or veterinary medicine." He informed with a sly smirk placed upon his face. Andrea nodded her head at this information, taking it in slowly. "Animals. You like animals. I didn't know that. But why those colleges? They're so far away." She questioned once again. Dan rolled his eyes a little before placing his hand on the small of her back. "We're happy for you no matter what. I'm glad you chose the path of animals, you have an aunt here that can get you a job working with animals." Dan gestured over to Claire with his head.

"How is everything?" Claire asked Karen as she approached her. Karen looked at her in question before Claire looked at Scott then back to her. "Oh fine, totally fine. We just decided it was best for the boys for both of us to come." She explained, earning a scoff from her other sister Rachel. "Rachel. You made it." Karen said in an unenthusiastic tone. Rachel wrapped her arms around Karen's neck, embracing her. "Bet you would've loved it if I hadn't." Rachel teased. "You know it." Karen replied in an annoyance.