Liabilities

She landed on the cold, concrete floor with a thud, her back slamming against the wall. She prayed that, that slam didn't hurt the baby as tear swelled up within her eyes. The blindfold was ripped off her face, she squinted at the bright world for a moment, recognizing that the person who was causing her pain was Miles.

A pain streaking slap could be heard throughout the vicinity as Miles wound up his hand, hitting her across her bruised cheek as hard as he could, Emma screamed at the sharp pain. "Jesus Christ, Miles stop." Vivian shouted as Colton barged through her cell, to push Miles out of the way. "Last warning, Miles." Colton threatened, pointing his index finger in Miles' face. Colton was sure that he was going to put a bullet in his head if he tried to damage Emma's child again. First choking her and then beating the shit out of her, this guy was going to murder her.

"It's not like they didn't know we were going to come. Your fucking brother was there. He probably told them our plan." Vivian hissed at Miles as she entered the cell a scowl placed upon her face. "So what do we do? Change our plans?" Miles asked in an angered tone, his voice echoing off the walls. There was a long silence. Colton stared at the ground while Miles waited for his reply in disbelief. Colton was slowly falling apart. "No. They'll be expecting that. We go with the original plan." Colton directed them, breaking the silence and placing both hands on his hips. There was a small, meager cough from behind him.

He bit his lip in irritation before turning around and crouching to Emma's level. She skittered backwards a bit, trying to get as much distance from him as possible. "You've got guts, Grant. I'll give you that." He cooed towards her, a deadly smile twitching on his face. She coughed again. The damp area was making her sick. Just one more thing he had to worry about. He couldn't help but, feel not as guilty if he let her get sick and rot here for the little stunt she had just made with Jurassic World. Baby killer, rang throughout his mind. Frustrated, Colton shook his head to clear his thoughts before he pulled out his gun, and shoved the barrel of it inside of her mouth, making her whimper. "If you try to do anything funny again, I'll blow your fuckin' brains out. Baby or not." He ran his fingers through his dirty blonde hair as he stood up, looking towards his subordinates in a muddled way. This girl was going to be the death of him.

He looked at his watch. "Anyone heard from Wu?" He questioned, shoving his way out of the cell door hurriedly. He was losing control of his own emotions, he was becoming frantic, and irritated. He didn't feel right hurting a pregnant woman but, if she wasn't pregnant he would've beaten her to a pulp. It took all his strength to walk away from the old, musky, building, leaving Miles and Vivian in a confused state. His mental health throughout this operation was costing him his reputation. InGen had better pay him double what they had agreed on when the mission was over. As soon as he hit the cool air he took a deep, ragged breath in, before kicking the ground in frustration shouting, and cursing.

If only Hunter was as strong and as stupid as his brother, Miles, maybe the element of surprise would've worked. Mustering up a calming pseudo, Colton nabbed the clunky, satellite phone from his back pocket, dialing a familiar number while dragging the old antenna up for signal. He impatiently rustled a few leaves around on the ground while waiting for someone to pick up. "Wu. It's me."

Miles twirled the small pocket knife through his fingers, standing guard near the cell door, just in case the hostage tried to do anything funny. Vivian perched herself in the chair that Emma had sat in during the transmission to Jurassic World, cleaning whatever dirt there was under her nails. "I wonder where, Colton ran off to." Miles said aloud as he flipped the knife in the air, spinning, and catching it with a self satisfied smile on his lips. "He's probably calling Wu to see how long it's going to take to get all of the dinos on a boat. You know how meticulous he gets about these things." Vivian answered in a dull voice.