The End of the Tyrant Lizard

A month had passed but the ring on Emma's finger still seemed to tingle against her skin as she walked through the winding pathways of the employees only section of park. Dimitri was by her side as usual.

His sarcastic but brooding attitude was slightly growing on her, enough to let him feel Ella kick in her stomach. Although the scenario was awkward, she had never felt her kick or move before so violently and wild that she needed to share it with someone and Owen wasn't around. Dimitri has labeled the experience as gross and weird, finally deeming that he wasn't going to have kids. Ever.

Emma was just now getting back on the ropes of handling Rexie with Felix once again, only to be taken off of work soon. She had missed working with her friend dearly and had begun to miss his sense of light hearted, childish humor although she never let it distract her from her work.

She wanted to get in as much research as she could without Dimitri nagging her about being in the large carnivores presence. He had made his home her couch ever since Alan had left back to the mainland.

Emma was happy to be home, happy to be back in Owen's arms once again. Even though their time apart was brief it was sickening to her. She learned that he too had been grieving since she had walked out on him which made her feel terrible guilty.

Although he did bring her good news each time he came home from the raptor paddock. Hunter had been accepted as one of the pack, not the alpha of course. Blue has taken a liking to the new pack, even though some days she has her fits. But that wasn't new. She had always been temperamental.

Emma felt Ella twirl inside of her, taking her breath away and forcing her to stop in her tracks and place a firm hand on her stomach. Her bodyguard looked back at her in concern.

At 26 weeks her daughter seemed to be giving her grief. She gave him a thumbs up to indicate that she was fine. Nothing was going to take her away from her work today. Although, she did have to admit, today felt different in a bad way. "What's on the schedule today?" Dimitri asked Emma as she attempted to stretch out her arms to relieve her achey muscles. A side effect to being pregnant.

"I've got a breakfast date with Felix to go over some new research tactics Rexie." She rattled off as they pushed their way out of the employee's only section and out on to Main Street. It looked better than what it did a month ago, although it was still under construction it was only improving. Claire wanted it to be better than before. "Breakfast, huh?" Dimitri chided as he bounded up the steps of the Innovation Center with Emma. She nodded her head.

"I'm in the mood for some blueberry yogurt." She replied with a hungry groan rumbling from her stomach making her bodyguard chuckle under his breath. "I think your baby is hungry. Not you." He teased, pushing the door to the Innovation Center open for Emma, the cold rush of air hitting his face pleased him. Thank goodness for air conditioning in Central America. "Yeah, well, I can't eat mashed potatoes all day."

"You could," He countered, now holding the employee's cafeteria door open for them. The sound of chatter filled her ears as she looked around to see people already sitting down and chatting while eating their breakfast. Scientists, animal handlers, security, construction workers, control room operators, all chatting and eat in harmony.

No threats of InGen being present putting them on edge. It was relaxing.

From across the way in the back Emma spotted Felix, sitting in a corner with several field journals scattered around himself and a breakfast sandwich in his hand. "You go and sit and talk your dork talk. I'll grab us some food." Dimitri offered, slightly pushing her forward. "Can you get me a-"

"I'm only getting you healthy food. Save your breath." He interrupted her inquiry as he walked away. She grumbled to herself as she watched him get in line for the breakfast buffet. He always got under her skin almost like an older brother would. She shook her head to clear her unpleasant thoughts of him and headed towards the back table of the cafeteria to where her partner stood.