Chapter 20

Notes: Picture of Dylan on the side. If you are not reading TAMHM, I still added plenty of Caine and Charlotte in the chapter. Liam, Theo, and the rest of them will return on the next chapter. I wanted to introduce Dylan and Leila because Caine and Dylan will go to war against Derek.

Chapter 20

Alpha Dylan had his arm safely wrapped around his mate’s waist, and she was leaning into him. Even though I changed into a clean pair of jeans and a nicer shirt, I felt underdressed compared to her.

She was wearing a fitted blue dress, which matched her icy blue eyes. Although it wasn’t revealing, it hugged her body perfectly. Her long black hair was down, but unlike mine, hers looked neat. The only thing making her look casual was that she was wearing flip flops.

“Charlotte,” Caine called me.

“Huh?”

“This is Dylan,” Caine said, introducing us.

Alpha Dylan outstretched his hand to shake mine. He was slightly intimidating, and I found myself cowering into Caine’s arms. It wasn’t like Alpha Dylan was going to hurt me, but he looked so serious. While being very handsome, Alpha Dylan seemed like someone you shouldn’t mess with.

“I’m Leila,” his mate introduced.

“Charlotte,” I said, shaking her hand as well.

She smiled at me, and somehow her blue eyes seemed brighter.

While Caine and Alpha Dylan talked, I began observing them. His mate remained quiet. I noticed that she was looking around her surroundings. They had travelled with a large group, but I could easily distinguish who was more important in his pack.

A blonde, good looking guy was standing beside Alpha Dylan, while a brown haired cute boy was standing right next to the Luna. Other than them four, the rest of their Wolves were a few ways back.

Just like Caine, Alpha Dylan didn’t loosen his hold on his mate. Every few moments, he would massage his hand over her waist, and she would lean more into him. It was intimate, yet casual. I still couldn’t get over how beautiful she was, and how attractive he was.

It made me remember a comment Adam had once made about her. The Luna was beautiful enough that five packs had fought a war over her. It wasn’t supposed to be funny, but the thought made me smile.

In my lifetime, I had seen four Alphas— Alpha Tristan, Alpha Derek, Alpha Dylan, and Caine. I wondered if it was an Alpha thing that they all had to be very good looking. Even Alpha Tristan, who was in his mid-forties, was a very handsome man.

“Maybe Charlotte and I could get acquainted while you two catch up,” the Luna said, bringing me out of my thoughts.

Caine gave me a small push forward, but I didn’t think anyone noticed it.

Alpha Dylan and his Luna were looking at each other. The men around us were either making conversation or staring intently ahead.

“That sounds good,” Alpha Dylan agreed.

“You two can go inside, or to the back patio,” Caine said.

I caught the Alpha’s Luna rolling her eyes at Caine’s suggestion. I had to agree with her. Caine was trying to keep a leash, even though we weren’t going anywhere. I wasn’t going to leave Locus Territory, but it wasn’t because of Caine.

Liam had left to the apartment, and I was trying to keep him and Alpha Dylan from meeting. I couldn’t forget that Alpha Dylan wanted to kill Liam for running away from his pack.