Chapter 7

Chapter 7

“It’s me,” Liam said.

“Liam,” I whispered his name

The tears came to me involuntarily. I hadn’t realized I was crying until I heard Liam cooing me to calm me down.

“Hey Charlie, it’s alright. Everything’s fine. I’m sorry,” Liam kept saying.

Two months.

I hadn’t talked to him in two months. It wasn’t his fault, but I was still mad at him. I needed him during that time. Most of all, I needed to know that he was safe.

“How are you calling? Weren’t you locked up in Midnight Moon? What happened? Did you escape?” I threw question after question his way.

“Shh… Right now, let me enjoy this,” Liam said.

I could hear the smile in his voice. He wasn’t making any sarcastic remarks and I was scared that meant something bad. He was being serious Liam and that only ever happened when he had bad news.

“I missed you so much,” I told him, as a sob escaped my lips.

I chuckled right after, feeling stupid for crying. I was talking to Liam and that was all that mattered now.

“I’m free,” Liam told me.

“What? How are you free?”

“I made friends with the Luna of Midnight Moon and I fought in the battle.”

“Where are you right now?” I asked, feeling excited that they’d let him go.

“They set me free but I have to stay here.”

“I can’t see you then?” I asked, feeling my voice fall.

“It’s what I needed to talk about. We can’t see each other for now. I’m free but I still don’t trust them. Later on when I make sure things are safe here, I’ll have Adam bring you over,” Liam told me.

“Oh,” I mumbled.

If only he knew that it wouldn’t be so easy now. Every time I was about to bring Caine up, I stopped myself.

Liam hated Alphas.

In general, he hated packs. I wasn’t sure how he would handle learning that I was the mate of an Alpha- a dangerous one too.

“Don’t worry Charlie. We’ll only be here for a little while. I’ve been set free for a few days now and pack life is killing me. I don’t know how these dogs do it,” Liam said, bringing back the tone I was used to hearing from him.

“Oh, it can’t be that bad,” I teased him.

“Yeah, you try hanging out with a pack for a day and say that. Packs are so archaic. You can’t break a rule because you have the Alpha breathing down your neck,” he said.

“You’re such a drama queen,” I told him, and couldn’t stop myself from laughing.

At least talking to him again had picked up my mood.

“What did you just call me?”

“You heard me Rogue. Is your hearing also going bad?”

Before he got a chance to say anything, I heard someone call his name on the other side of the line.

“I gotta go. I will call you later tonight. Pick up.”

“I will- thanks for calling,” I quietly told him.