Chapter 12

Liam Fact: Liam has Alpha blood in him. His grandfather was an Alpha, and his cousin (Zeverus) is the current Alpha of New Elite Pack (In Between Two Alphas). It will come out later in the story.

Chapter 12

“Caine, back off!” I shouted.

I didn’t have time to hide the panic that was clear in my voice. I stood in between Liam and Caine, not that it did any good.

Both of them were trying to push me aside. My hands were placed on each of their chests and I felt the vibrations from their loud feral growls.

“Why is he here? And it better damn well be a good answer!” Liam snapped.

The growls were pouring through his words. It almost seemed like his Wolf was in control, despite the fact that he was still in human form.

“Who is this?” It was the only thing Caine asked, but I heard the rest of his unspoken questions.

Why did you run away from me? Why were you alone with another guy? Who is this guy?

I could see it in his eyes, which had shifted to black, that he wanted to ask me so much more. But as always, he was a man of few words.

After all, he had beaten up Macon just an hour ago, without waiting for an explanation from me.

“I’ll explain once you two back off from each other!” I snapped.

I tried to make my voice firm. For a moment, if just that, it surprised both of them.

“Who is this guy?” Liam asked.

He had taken a step back, but his hand was wrapped around my elbow. He was still glaring at Caine.

“You’re in my territory,” Caine told Liam.

His voice sounded like a warning, something Liam never took too well. He didn’t like to be threatened, and he didn’t stand for it.

“You’re in my apartment,” Liam retorted.

“Do you know who I am?” Caine asked.

As soon as Caine’s hand touched my waist, Liam shoved me out of the way. It all happened in the blink of an eye. I barely had time to register his movements.

“Don’t touch her,” Liam growled, pausing in between each word.

Caine however, didn’t even seem to listen to Liam. His eyes had followed me. He was going to try and get me back to his side. I could practically see the plan forming in his eyes.

“A little help, Victor,” I said, turning back to him.

He was guardedly standing behind Caine, along with the other four guys that came along with him.  

“Caine,” Victor spoke with careful words.

“I need to talk to Liam,” I told Caine.

I didn’t get a chance to explain anything else before Caine replied a simple, “No.”

Liam broke out laughing, a humorless laugh.

“You don’t ask him permission to talk to me, Charlie. You never ask anyone for permission to do anything,” he said, speaking to me in a reprimanding tone.

“Charlotte is mine,” Caine told Liam, his voice deadly serious.

“The hell she is! She doesn’t belong to you or to anybody!”