Chapter Five: Disowned

-Your P.O.V.-

I couldn't breathe. All the oxygen in my body just disappeared.  How can someone be so cruel? Kidnapping me is one thing, but killing my best friend? That's a knife in the heart. I can't even look at this monster right now. I don't know what I honestly expected from him. He's a murder. Murders don't care about the person, they only worry about the kill. Maybe I just expected him to somehow care about my feelings enough not to kill my other half.

"Y/n?" Ghost calm voice broke through my thoughts. I ignored him. I have no words to speak.

"I'm sorry, y/n. I know you think I did this out of spite, but I didn't. I-I can't lose you." His voice sounded like he was about to weep. I doubt it, though. Murders have no tears. They're animals.

"Talk to me, dammit!" Ghost spat. His sudden change in voice made me shiver. I glanced at him, seeing tears stream down his cheeks as he kept driving.

"You're a monster." I bluntly stated.

"Don't you think I know that?" He growled.

I rolled my eyes, resting my head back onto the window. A few tears slipped and I didn't even bother stopping them. I was still in so much shock to breakdown fully. By tonight, I know I won't be able to contain it much longer.

"I can't lose you.." he trailed off, rubbing my knee. I moved it away from his reach.

"Don't touch me."

He let out a sigh. "Don't do this to me, baby girl. I did it to protect you."

I chuckled in sarcasm. "Protect me? The only thing I need protection from is you."

Ghost grew quiet for a moment. Almost like he was trying to find the right words to say so he doesn't dig himself into a deeper hole. Very smart move on his part. Either way, nothing can help him out of this one.

"I never meant to hurt you-"

"No, you've done worse. You've damaged me, Ghost." I spat.

"My name is Justin." He countered.

"I don't care what your name is! You mean nothing to me. You're just a killer! A thief! You took everything away from me. So, to me, you're just like what everyone says on the news. You're Ghost; the killer."

Ghost didn't say another word the rest of the drive home. It was risky sticking up for myself, but all my pain and anger just unleashed. He'll most likely beat me afterwards for my outburst. I was prepared for the physical pain that awaited me, though, because nothing can beat the pain I feel in my heart.

Ghost parked the car in the driveway. Pulling the keys out the ignition, he hopped out the car. I expected him to come over to my side and carry me inside the house, but he just kept carrying on. My feet still ached. This time I actually wanted him to carry me. Knowing I had no other option, I got out the car and slowly walked up the driveway. As soon as I made one step, the pain became unbearable. Falling to my knees, I let out a yelp. I slowly crawled up the driveway with tears of pain falling. Already feeling the sting of the concrete rubbing against my knees, I stopped halfway  and just whimpered.

After five minutes of pure sobbing, I felt someone from behind pick me up under the armpits. "It's okay, love." Ghost coo'd in my ear as he re-positioned me on his hip. He carried me inside and I am grateful he did. If I crawled anymore, the flesh on my knees would be gone.

Ghost carried me upstairs to his room, cooing sweet little nothings in my ear to calm me down. I'm guessing he got over the mean words I said to him. You can't blame me, though. I'm in deep pain. Emotionally and physically.