Chapter Twenty Eight: Goodbye

-Your P.O.V.-

I found the nearest spot with shade so I wouldn't get wet much longer. My clothes clang onto my drenched body. My makeup was messed up from the rain along with the falling of my tears. This was harder than Justin knows. I wish I could make his pain go away along with mine. The hurt in his voice when he said "I love you" keeps replaying inside my head. 

I didn't notice I was still crying until someone came up to me. He was the small corner drug store owner. I remember seeing him when Justin would drive me anywhere he planned to go.

"M'am, are you okay?" The man asked.

I wiped my nose with the back of my hand.

"Y-Yeah, I'm f-fine. Just cold." I sniffled, starting to shiver. 

"Come inside. I have a blanket and you can call your parents to pick you up."

I gave him a small smile.

"Thank you."

I walked inside and I automatically felt warmer. The man gave me a brown blanket to wrap around me to keep me warm.

"I'm guessing you have a cellphone?" He assumed. 

I shake my head no. 

"No. C-Can I borrow y-yours?" I shiver.

"Sure. Just don't run off with it." The man joked. 

I let out a small, sad chuckle before dialing Austin's number. I know this wasn't smart. I'm lucky I've escaped the lifestyle I created for myself, but I need a home. Me and Justin are rivals. We've always been opposites since the beginning. I've made this bed so I need to lay in it.   

"Hello?" Austin's raspy voice spoke. He must have been asleep.

I was hesitant at first considering this is not some normal relationship. We're killers. Am I ready to go back to this? Do I really even want to do this?

"A-Austin," I trembled, "it's me, y/n."

Silence was on the other end. I could almost feel his jaw tense at the sound of my voice. Any resentment or anger he had against me was rising to the surface and I'm starting to become more fearful of his capability. 

"Y/n, are you okay? Where have you been? I've been worried about you."

"I'm fine," I lied. "Can you meet me at the small corner drug store on the south of blvd road?"

"I'm on my way."

I hanged up the phone and handed it back to the man. 

"Thank you, sir." 

He smiled.

"You're welcome."

I awaited for Austin's arrival. I knew this wasn't going to be easy. Austin genuinely loved me. We created this gang together. It was unfair how I left him and I know this was cause a hassle for our future relationship. I need to force myself to love him. He's better for me than Justin is.  

My heart ached at the thought of Justin. Deep down I knew Justin loved me as well. Maybe even a little more than I loved him, but I'm no good for him. All I do is cause unnecessary stress that we both don't need. Don't get me wrong, this lifestyle is already stressful enough. Constant hiding from police, not being able to trust anyone, always worried someone can take your life. Its scary. I've always known Austin has been looking for me. Countless hours Justin wouldn't sleep because he was worried that Austin would come to take me in my sleep. How many times when me and Justin would argue, I would bring up Austin to hurt him. I've done some unforgettable damage to both of them that would scar their hearts for life.