Chapter Eighteen: The Missing Piece

-Justin's P.O.V.-

"Another shot of whiskey?" A tall brunette with green eyes asked. I nodded as a slid the empty shot glass to her. She grabbed the small cup, refilled it with my pain killer, and slid it back to me across the bar table. I gulped it down as soon as the cold glass touched my lips. 

"What's gotten you so down?" She asked as she dried off some liquor glasses. I shook my head.

"Have you ever felt that something is," I paused to find the right word, "missing?" 

She arched her eyebrow, "what do you mean?" 

"I don't know exactly. Just lately, I feel sadden. Like someone or something that once completed my life is now disappeared. The strange part is, I can't remember who or what it is." 

The young woman placed her hands on the bar. "I think you've had one too many, sir." 

I rolled my eyes at her statement. Why would she believe anything I say when I don't even understand my emotions either? I sound like a madman. How can I feel so lost when I don't even know what I'm missing? I feel like it's a person. A young woman actually. I'll walk past a stranger in the streets and the smell of their perfume brings back a memory. I can't make out any physical feature of this person, but her laugh is music to my ears. And that gorgeous red lipstick? I can still see it on the collar of my white button up shirts. Surely, she must have been some girl I had sexual intercourse with. I never allow myself to get close to anyone or dare open my heart. I have secrets so disturbing that even the world's worst criminals would cringe at the details I have locked inside my brain. 

Leaving the money for my drinks on the bar, I make my way towards the exit. The streets weren't very busy tonight as the rain hurled down onto the pavement. Putting the hood of my jacket over my head, I begin walking. Something about the rain calmed me when I had too much going on in my mind. I'm running a marathon with no finish line. The missing piece of my life is this unknown girl. How can I miss someone I've never met? How can I miss the taste of her lips if I can't even remember her physical features? I keep trying to convince myself it's something and not a person. Cold blooded creatures like me don't feel. We were made to kill. 

I kept walking, not giving a single damn if the water seeped through my jacket and through my clothes. If the rain could wash away this burden of feelings, I would stand in the rain for hours naked. The wind blew slightly, knocking a damp newspaper in front of me. Most of the time I would've ignored anything that blew in with the rain, but the girl in the picture intrigued my interest. Picking up the soaked New York Times newspaper, my eyes met with the missing piece. The beautiful eyes, the smile that was perfect in every aspect, the hair that smelt so good. Everything. That's when it all came back to me. All the memories, all the familiar senses, all the struggles. Everything.  

"Oh my God.." I whisper in shock. 

"Y/n Y/l/n and Austin Parker are still on top of America's Most Wanted list. Robbing several banks in the local area along with a few in different states, these two are forming a gang that'll be bigger than one's we have ever seen before. Beating the legendary killer "Ghost" to the least of our problems. New York City has a bigger problem to worry about." 

-Your P.O.V.-

"Are you ready?" Austin asked as we crouched down in a dark alley beside a building. The rain poured, but there wasn't any lighting or thunder, so there was still people to be eyewitnesses of our crime. Luckily, we have our crew already inside and backup waiting. 

"I was born ready." I smirked.

Austin smiled and placed a hot kiss upon my lips. When he started to pull away, I just pulled him closer. Slipping my tongue into his mouth, I occupied his thoughts for a few seconds before his only concern will be about getting as much diamonds as he could.