Chapter Twenty Two: Choosing between the two

-Your P.O.V.-

"You can't be serious?" I chuckle, nervously. Justin gave me another glance that told me to quit stalling.

I know I'm with Justin now and I'm already going against my crew, but this is a little much. I don't want to go back to Austin by any means, believe me, but I can't just shoot the guy. Even though I never allowed myself to fully love him, he still was an important factor in my crazy life.

"You're asking a lot from me, Justin.."

Justin swerved in between busy lanes, trying to get rid Austin.

"You wanted to be a part of this lifestyle, Y/N and I'm not going to lose you again. Not until the day I die. So, suck it up and do what you gotta do."

"I didn't ask to be in this lifestyle!" I argued. "You sucked me into it!"

He glared at me as he swerved into another lane, creating frantic honks from annoyed drivers.

"I didn't make you start a gang. You did that on your own."

"Yeah because you forgot about me."

"Do you think I asked for that?" He sneered.

"I never said you did. I'm just stating the facts."

"If we weren't in a car chase right now, I would pull you over and whoop your ass till its purple."

I glared at him.

"What happened to my freedom?"

"You gave up freedom a long time ago. Plus I'm letting you have some freedom. Doesn't mean you can talk to me with disrespect."

"But you can?" I snapped.

Justin rolled his eyes before switching into another lane and running a red light.

"I suggest you stop talking because you're just going to make your punishment worse."

I would've kept talking but I wasn't going to test Justin's patience anymore than I already have. I kept the gun held close so when Justin tells me to shoot, I'll be ready. My heart was racing. I was just waiting for something to go wrong. How hasn't the police noticing the speeding cars on the highway? Are they that oblivious?

After a few more minutes of driving, Justin turned onto a busy highway. I kept quiet because honestly, I'm annoyed with him and he's obviously annoyed with me. All we had was the rap music blaring through his speakers and the smoke from his lit cigarette.

I kept looking out the window to see if I could see any sign of Austin. So far so good. I think we've lost him, but I knew better than to feel totally relaxed. I can deal with the tension between me and Justin, but I can't deal with the fact I would've had to shoot my ex boyfriend. That's the more betrayal then going into another gang. At least, that's what I tell myself for comfort.

Justin patted my left knee, breaking my thoughts.

"I'm sorry for being an ass, babe."

I just kept quiet. I was still frustrated with him and how he just restrains any sort of freedom from me. I have to keep walking on egg shells around him just to make sure I don't piss him off in any type of way. It's annoying and quite frustrating.

"C'mon, babe," he put his fingers under my chin and turned my face to look at him. He smiled as he exhaled the smoke from his cigarette. "You're so cute when you're mad."

"I must be pretty adorable then." I nurtured as I turn to look back out the window.

Justin let out a sigh.