Chapter Twenty Five: Normal

-Your P.O.V.-

"What the hell is this place?" Justin scoffed as I told him to pull into the local grocery store. I roll my eyes and chuckle at his ignorance.

"It's a grocery store, Justin."

He pulled the car into a parking spot and put the vehicle in park.

"Who goes to these shit holes?" Justin groaned.

I stepped out of the car and Justin did the same. He quickly came over to me, linked his arm over mine protectively, and kept walking.

"Justin," I whined, "this isn't normal. Just hold my hand."

He glared at me.

"I have no clue what this place is. There could be murders in there for all I know. I protect what's mine."

"I understand, but you can't act suspicious. I seriously doubt any murders will go here. The only murder is you."

"And let's keep it that way."

We walked inside the store. Justin still held my arm like I was a teenager in trouble. I tried to inch away from him, but with every sudden movement, Justin's grip became tighter.

"Justin, you're hurting me." I mumbled.

He let go of me, but still kept a tight grip of my hand. Even though it still was a tad bit tighter than I appreciated, we looked less suspicious this way.

I examined the aisle numbers and the food listings. Once I found the section I was looking for, I proceed onward with Justin protectively scoping out the scene. I let out a small sigh and pretend to not let his actions bother me. This is suppose to be a normal trip, but he's making it a lot more complicated than it needs to be.

Scanning the shelves full of pasta, I finally find what I want. Picking up the box of macaroni and cheese, I begin strolling to the cold aisles.

"Are we almost done?" Justin complained.

I turn to face him.

"Can you please shut the hell up for two seconds?" I snapped.

Fury grew in Justin's orbs. I immediately regretted saying the words that just slipped out of my mouth.

"What the fuck did you just say to me?" Justin spat, grabbing nearby people's attention as he created a tight grip upon my arm.

I cried in pain, but Justin didn't seem to care as he stormed out of the store.

"You will not disrespect me in public." He growled as he opened the passenger door to his car and threw me inside.

The whole car ride was silent. I could tell Justin's grip upon the steering wheel was tough by the way his veins were showing. I couldn't help but cry the whole way home. I didn't want a punishment. As I learned in the past, Justin's punishment ideas vary from mild to extreme depending on what he feels like doing. By the way this is looking, my ass isn't going to be the only thing beat.

When we arrived home, Justin hopped out the car and stormed to the front door of the house. I followed slowly behind him, dreading stepping inside this mansion I call home.

I close the front door once I am inside. My heart was pounding, but Justin was nowhere in sight. I felt like a helpless girl in a horror movie. I'm just waiting for the sneak attack.

"Y/n," Justin called, making me jump. "C'mere. Now." He hissed. I could tell from his distant call, he was upstairs in our room.

My body began shaking as I made my way to him. With every step I took, my body was telling me to go the other way. But I knew better than to disobey Justin.