Chapter Eleven: Bad Decisions

-Your P.O.V.-

Saturday
It's been a month since my court case. I'm back home with my family. I decided to restart college next year and put all the past behind me. I'm still pretty paranoid that Ghost is out there. I never go anywhere without my family right beside me. Can you blame me? I still have nightmares. I'm very thankful that I survived and haven't been held captive longer than most. Any person who has gotten into the hands of Ghost was dead within a couple of months. Even weeks if he wanted to build up his reputation more and frighten the public.

I jogged down the stairs. My mother was cooking breakfast in the kitchen. She's been acting weird ever since my return. She checks on me every ten minutes on the dot and doesn't like me leaving the house nor to be alone. I guess I understand. If I had a child and they were abducted, I would have my eyes on them every single second.

"Hey, mom." I greeted. She smiled at me.

"Hey, honey."

I wanted to tell her that a couple of my friends invited me to a party. I know it's probably not the best idea. Ghost could be lurking at any corner, just waiting to strike like a cobra and take me back to his den. But I'll have my friends to protect me. It's not like I'm going out alone, right? That's just asking for trouble.

I sat at the kitchen table. "So, mom," I started. She gazed at me with a look that said what do you want?

"My friends that I haven't seen since I returned invited me to go to this party and I was wondering if I could-"

"No."

"But mom-"

"I said no, y/n. No further questions."

"You can't keep me cooped up forever, mom. Eventually, I'll have to go back to normal."

"You can never go back to normal, y/n. Don't you understand that? This world is scary and someone is always lurking, waiting for you to be alone." She countered.

"But I'll have my friends with me. They'll keep a close eye on me."

"Yeah, because drunks will save you." She said with the roll of her eyes as she stirred the pancake batter.

I was so annoyed with her right now. I understand she lost me because of Ghost, but dammit, I can't be trapped in this house for forever. I can't be petrified by fear. This just isn't fair. Storming up the stairs, I go into my room and slam the door. I was going to this party whether she agreed with it or not. This wasn't in my nature. You know, to sneak out against my mother's demands, but I haven't left the house in a month. Ghost and jail taught me how to bend the rules just a bit.

I looked through my closet, looking for a perfect outfit to wear. My cellphone buzzed in my sweatpants pocket. Digging it out, I look to see that my friend, Vanessa, texted me.

Still going 2 party tonight?

I pondered at the thought. The goody-two-shoes part of me was nagging my rebellious side that this wasn't a good idea. Was I going to listen?

Yeah, pick me up down the street at 9.

Send.

I looked through my closet. All of my stuff from my college dorm has been sent back to my parents house. Someone else has my room now. I wonder if it bugs them that a stalker use to be there. Ghost knows every inch of that property like the back of his hand.

As I looked through my closet, I found the perfect dress. It was a black, strapless dress that made me looked stunning. I did a mini happy dance at the thought of it on me. A little knock was on the door. I threw my dress back into the closet and hopped onto my bed. My mother walked inside. She had a sad look on her face as she sat next to me on my bed.