Chapter Seven: Road Trip

-Your P.O.V.-

I sobbed in hysterics as the pain seemed to intensify by each passing second. Breaking my finger? Really? How cruel can he be? I honestly don't know what I was expecting. He's a murder. A murder with no soul. This crosses the line completely. He was suppose to care about me. Hell, he's been stalking me for years. Now that he has me, he treats me like I'm trash? This isn't going to be something he can just bandage up with a hot kiss or expensive gifts. It will take much more.

Not even attempting to stand on my feet, I crawled to the door. My knees ached, but I had to escape. I couldn't stay in this cold, dark place for long. It just sucks that I can't walk because I had to be an idiot and run barefoot upon blazing hot concrete.

Opening the door, I crawl out the room and into the bedroom. To my luck, Ghost wasn't in there. I climbed up in the bed and just sobbed. I missed my family, friends, school. Everything. I had such a future ahead of me. It was going to be bright, but it was stripped away from me. Now here I am, broken and bruised. What did I do to deserve this? I'm a good person with a good heart. I do good to the world. So, why am I here?

I must have fallen asleep because I woken up to Ghost shaking me. For a split second, I actually believed that everything I've gone through this week was just a dream, but I was wrong. As my eyes came into focus, I saw two suitcases.

"What's going on?" I asked, groggily.

"Road trip."

"What time is it?"

"Eight pm. Now stop asking questions and get your crying ass up."

I glared at him. How dare he talk to me in that manner? Fuck it, I'm going back to sleep. I lay my head down and put the pillow over my face. This should be his cue to leave me alone, but did he listen? No. He yanked the covers off me and picked me up. I screamed in annoyance.

"Put me down!" I demanded.

"No. We don't have much time and you're taking too damn long."

I bounced as he jogged down the stairs since I was on his shoulder. I cursed every word in the book inside my head. Hopefully, Ghost don't read minds because the things I'm thinking isn't appropriate. Not even for this book.

Ghost sat me down on the couch. "Stay here." He instructed.

"I'm too tired to run." I admit.

"Good."

Ghost jogged back upstairs to get our suitcases. I was going to give him the silent treatment, but I talk too much. I'll make sure he pays for my broken finger though. It still was hurting so much. I should probably go see a doctor about it. Will Ghost let me? Nope. He's acting like my finger don't even hurt. What an ass.

Ghost came back downstairs with our luggage. I already knew he was very strong since he kept carrying me everywhere. But luggage plus me? Seems impossible.

"Alright, baby girl." Ghost said before picking me up and setting me on his hip. I laid my head on his shoulder since I was still half asleep.

"Tired, darling?' Ghost chuckled, kissing my nose.

I nod, too tired to even speak words. He patted my bottom softly. "You can sleep in the car. We have a long car ride ahead of us." He reassured me as he walked to the car. Ghost set me in the passenger seat. The daylight sky was dim. A nice shade of pink with the moon setting on the boarder where the two colors mixed made me smile. I loved the world's mysterious ways at times. Even though I never totally understood it, a miracle is still a miracle.