one

edited.

I wiped the sleepiness from the corners of my eyes, thankful for the ability to freely touch my face due to the lack of black liquid eyeliner that was usually precisely drawn across the top of my eyelid. Today, I'd decided not to wear any makeup what-so-ever, because coating myself in it was useless if I was just going out to a small cafe, located in the downtown area, to enjoy my own presence.

I didn't want to spend all of this dreadful time alone, but something inside told me I needed to. I hadn't been alone in my own thoughts since before I met him, and after I did, my opinions and values became nothing but a complete sad reflection of his. I was a very independent person before he came along, and I missed that part of myself. I missed not being reliant on someone to provide me with fun, rather than creating it myself.

I hadn't slept again, something I often found myself doing. The activities of the lonesome nights I spent with wide-eyes could range from writing terrifyingly deep poetry, to reminiscing on old video games I used to play as a teenager. Something about staying awake until the sun came up helped me speed up my ever so slow healing process. It used to be a fight to keep myself awake, but now it's almost natural to me. The creativity that came with the darkness of the sky and the pale light of the moon awakened something deep down in me, and I loved it.

And that's who I was; a creator. But for the past year and half, the only thing I'd created were thick barriers that surrounded the edges of my true identity. My soul was trapped in a vault, never to be let out as long as I was with him. My identity had shifted into what he wanted me to be, and the "Old me'', that my friends desperately wanted back, was gone as long as he was by my side.

I shifted in my uncomfortable metal bistro stool as a waiter who looked almost as tired as me walked in my direction, his arms shaking lightly. He kept his head up as he balanced about four steam-filled coffee mugs on a very small, thin metal plate. He bit his bottom lip in what seemed to be frustration, and furrowed his thick eyebrows in concentration.

I turned my gaze from him, not really sure as to why he caught my attention in the first place. I began to look through the paper menu layed out on the rustic table I was sat at when I heard a loud cry and felt a sharp hit taken to the back of my head.

I yelped out in pain as ceramic mugs hit my shoulders and scalding hot liquid poured onto my back, causing it to arch in pain. I screamed out and jerked my head around to see the same waiter on the concrete floor behind me, the metal tray lying on his stomach.

"What the fuck!" I called out, jumping from my chair and and hovering over the boy. He wore an extremely shocked expression which, surprisingly, soon turned into him stifling a laugh.

His hand flew up to cover his dimpled smile because even though he probably felt horribly bad, it was still kind if funny to him. It wasn't exactly comedic gold when you have hot coffee burning the nerves on the surface of your skin.

After the boy's tiny fit of laughter, he then realized my expression was far from his, so he pushed himself up off the ground and looked me in the eye.

"I'm really sorry, mam, oh my God, it's just that it's my first week, and I've never really-"

"It's fine." I scowl, turning on my heel. Luckily there was nobody crowding up the outdoor-cafe so we didn't cause a huge public scene. I could just leave without complaining and get in my car and bitch him out by myself.

Just as I was about to reach for my bag and leave, he stopped me.

"Hey wait, let me make it up to you,"

I let out a dry chuckle, obviously irritated. "How could you make up for the possible burn scars, I'm probably gonna get on my back?"

He ran a hand through the back of his dark brown hair, and I noticed a few arm-band tattoos lining up his forearm. "Well I mean, you probably don't want to be in that sticky blouse..." he trailed off, leaving me confused. He sensed my reaction to his un-clarified offer, shaking his head.

"No, no, that's not what I meant! I mean- look I have a few extra shirts in my car, they're probably gonna be huge on you, but it's better than a hot, sugary sweater." he shrugged, untying and removing his coffee-stained apron from his neck.

At first I felt like turning down his offer, because I didn't want to affiliate myself with him any longer than I absolutely had to, but then I realized that it's better than getting my car all sticky, because my apartment wasn't exactly close. As much as I didn't want to wear an idiotic stranger's shirt, I really didn't have a choice.

"What do you have?" I sighed, giving in. His expression lit up, some guilt probably being lifted off of his chest.

"Um, I think I have Mickey Mouse or a Creed tee-"

"You own a Creed shirt?" I scoffed, raising both of my eyebrows.

"Hey, shutup, they were great live!" He defended, chuckling.

"As much as I'd love to rep the biggest joke in the rock industry, I think I'll just go for Mickey." I replied, shuffling my feet awkwardly. He gave me a big grin, spinning on his heel and taking off to go get the shirt out of his car. I sat back down in the chair across from the one I sat in before, because it was drenched in warm coffee.

After a few moments of listening to the birds chirp and absorbing the late summer humidity, the clumsy boy came back with a big gray tee shirt folded over his forearm. He tossed it at me, with a warm smile.

"Bathroom's that way," he said, pointing in a direction. I followed his instructions and made my way into the surprisingly nice stalls, slipping my wet blouse over my head and tossing it onto the floor.

I poked my head through the shirt-hole, taking in the fresh smell the t-shirt had absorbed from either the boy or his laundry detergent. Once I got the shirt on, I picked up my old one and exited the stall, getting a glimpse of myself in the mirror.

I laughed at the shirt, especially the way it fit me. My shoulders were practically popping out of the collar, and the bottom hem fell to my thighs. I shrugged it off, exiting the bathroom to return to my seat and hopefully have a normal breakfast.

As I looked up at the table, there were two cups of coffee sitting on it's sung-glazed surface, and the boy sitting at one of the bistro chairs.

"What are you doing, aren't you supposed to be my waiter?" I whisper-yelled, earning a chuckle from him.

"It's fine, I don't really like working here that much." he said nonchalantly as I sat myself down across from him. I wondered how he was so good at meeting and talking to new people, because nobody in their right mind would ever be this friendly to someone who probably wanted to sue them. "I'm Tyler, by the way."

"I know, I read your name tag." I bluntly replied, looking down at my lap and back up at him.

"And you are?" he asked, a weird sense of happiness shining in his eyes.

"Bri." I answered, holding my hand out to shake his.

"Well, Bri," he beamed as he held my hand with his and gave it a quick jolt, "it's a pleasure to meet you."

A/N:

so this was short and the first couple of chapter probably will be just because they're more like introductory pages and those don't really take long to write !!

i decided to write a Tyler story because of the LACK of them, and the fact that he's my lil bitch

this story IS MATURE I REPEAT IS MATURE !!!

u probably kno why BUT I DONT WANNA SPOIL ANYTHING SO PLZ DONT READ IF YOU'RE LIKE 11

thank u guys !

-luv pepe