twenty-five

"I'm here!" a voice called, sounding familiar to Josh's. I moved around a little bit, feeling a sharp pain in my forearm sting me. I opened my eyes to find two IV's connected to my left arm.

I was in the hospital.

"Thank God, man." another voice replied.

Tyler.

"What happened?" Josh asked.

I finally got a glimpse of them, only able to see the top half of Josh. They were standing outside of my door in the cold hallway, hugging eachother tightly.

"She... she took pills." Tyler replied, a strain in his throat. A pang of guilt hit my chest as I heard his voice crack.

I probably caused him so much stress and pain.

"What?" Josh snapped, breaking from their hug. Tyler's nose finally came into my vision. "Why?"

"I don't know," Tyler said. Yes you do. "I haven't spoken to her in weeks, Josh."

Josh let out a deep sigh, shaking his head. "Look man, you need to find someone new. She's no good for you."

Tyler stepped forward, coming into full view.

He wore his pajamas and his hair was sticking up in all different directions. Even from here, his eyes looked bloodshot red and were lined with dark bags.

"W-what do you mean?"

"She's insane and her thoughts and emotions are everywhere." Josh practically yelled.

I felt like a knife had literally cut through my guts, sending shocks of pain all throughout my body.

I felt so angry and betrayed that I wanted to rip free of the constraints placed on my torso to keep me in the hospital bed and scream at Josh.

Tears pricked up in the ducts of my eyes as I awaited Tyler's response.

"No she's not! That's not how I see it! She shines in millions of different colors, and that's what I admire most about her! She's... iridescent."

-

HAPPY NEW YEARS THANK U FOR 6K OMG MY GOAL WAS 5K AND YALL OVERDID IT !!!

read all my other stories pls

i love yall, make this year the best.

-love, a celebratory gabs.