eight

Tyler begged me to sleep over and I gave in, not wanting to leave his side anyway.

I didn't want to sleep in a miniskirt, so Tyler let me wear a pair of his Calvin Klein boxers and he let me pick out a shirt. Of course, I chose the Creed shirt.

I waltzed out of his bathroom, twirling around in front of the TV he was watching.

"Really?" he chuckled, shaking his head.

"Of course!" I replied plopping down on the couch, next to him. "Now let's do something fun."

"Netflix?"

"No, Tyler, I will not Netflix and chill with you."

"Okay," he keeled over in laughter. "then let's go out."

I groaned, slouching over. "No, I'm too lazy and I don't like clubs."

"Not a club, who do you think I am? We're gonna go to a little hideout place."

"Don't drive three hours again, I'm just gonna pass out in the car." I said, latching my fingers with his.

"Not there either. I have another coping place and it's only a five minute drive."

"What is it?" I asked, hoping he wouldn't make it into a big surprise like he always does.

"It's a little small lake, but if you travel upward a bit, there's an abandoned park area with a few picnic tables. The river flows right next to the worn down platform that the benches are on, and it's really nice."

"It sounds nice," I replied, as we both stood up. "but you have to bring your ukulele."

"You don't have to tell me twice." he winked, making me giggle softly.

He picked up his ukulele as I slipped on a pair of his Nike Sliders, them being way too big.

"Jesus, is it dress up like Tyler day?" he jokes, grabbing his keys off his dining room table.

"Yup!"

Once we got in his truck, Tyler played Car Radio. I dissolved into laughter when I looked over on the radio and saw the artist name.

Twenty One Pilots

"I told you it was my song." he chuckles, singing along.

Dork.

The drive was short and before you know it, we were pulling into a small parking lot that faced a body of distilled water. The lake itself was nice, the glow from the moon reflecting off of it.

We got out of his truck, his ukulele making noise as he grabbed it by the neck. He was such a good player, but he sure as hell didn't look like he knew how to take care of it properly.

We walked up a small gravel path, lined by overgrown trees. There were a few fireflies which made Tyler squeal like a little kid. He even asked me to hold his uke while he caught one in his large hands.

Soon, a fast-paced flowing river came into sight and a park area caught my attention.

"We're here!" he called, happily sighing.

The benches and tables were made from glossy, light stone and bits and pieces of it were eroded. It looked really old fashioned, creating a dark, nostalgic tone.

There weren't any lamps around, but the glow from the moon was enough to illuminate the river and Tyler's facial features.

"You always pick out the most beautiful places. How'd you find this one?"