twenty four

I was painfully awakened by my phone sounding off.

I woke up.

I wasn't supposed to.

I was supposed to be encrypted and clothed in an everlasting sleep caused by the large amount of pills I'd dry swallowed.

But I wasn't.

I was alive.

That violent realization hurt more than anything I'd ever felt in my entire life. The pang of guilt and regret hit my chest in harsh, ruthless waves that made every bone in my body feel like they were made out of nothing but old, heavily rusted metal. My ribs felt like they were collapsing and my head pounded as I struggled for breath, feeling a sob spring up about me.

And yet, the phone kept on ringing in its happy little upbeat tone, taunting me.

I weakly brought my shaking arm to grab the phone, anxious to turn it off.

Once my blurry vision was faced upon the screen and a name I'd been wanting to forget popped up, the pain multiplied.

Tyler.

Before I even knew what I was doing, I swiped the screen and answered the call.

"Bri?"

His voice seemed so shaky. It didn't have the same cheerful ring and optimistic lace it usually had. He sounded hurt.

"Help me." I croaked out, the words spilling from my mouth with no control. Another wave of regret crashed amongst my gut, spiraling my thoughts out of control.

"Are you okay? What happened to you?" he replied, his voice laced with concern. I missed it so much.

"Pills."

"What?" he shouted into the phone, causing my head to buzz and my vision to dance.

"I swallowed pills. Lots of them. In hopes of never seeing you again. Or anyone."

"Bri!" he shouted again, his voice cracking. He sounded sad. I didn't care. "Please hold on for me. I'll be there in less than twenty minutes. I love-"

-

i really didn't want to add an a/n to this because it's such an intense chapter but I HIT 5K AND I'M SO EMO

THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH