eighteen

THE GIF LOOLS LIKE HE'S SAYING "COUCH" IVE BEEN LAUGFHUGN SO HARD FOR LIKE 10 MINUTES

-

I woke up to Tyler's finger tracing light patterns onto my forehead. My eyes slowly opened to reveal him with a dumb grin spread across his face.

"Morning," he chuckled, smiling lightly. I moved my legs around under the blanket, only to realize I had nothing on.

"Will you get me some clothes?" I asked, batting my eyelashes. He smirked at me and sat up against the bed frame.

"Nope, you gotta get them yourself!"

I groaned and looked at him with a fake annoyed look which eventually turned into laughter.

Quickly, I grabbed the blanket and threw it over his head as I dashed to the ground to get my clothes and ran straight for the bathroom. I heard him laughing on the other side of the door, which made me smile wider.

I tugged on my clothes, my back facing the mirror. Once I was fully dressed, I turned around to reveal a monster.

My curly hair was sticking up in millions of directions and I had almost 5 purple marks lining up my neck. I shrieked in disbelief but began to laugh.

And then, the events from last night reoccurred in my mind..

I was glad we didn't go all the way, because we both truly wanted it to be special.

Did this mean we were together?

I"d never really questioned our relationship because it came so naturally. It felt like we'd been together for as long as I remembered and it never really came to the point where I had to push myself to be more flirty with him.

I shrugged it off, not letting it ruin my morning. Today was the first day I'd woken up with a smile on my face since my mother passed. I was really glad I decided to come back home because if I had to stay in that hotel for one more night, I'd go insane.

I switched off the light and opened the door to Tyler's room to find him sitting on his bed, talking on the phone.

"I don't know, I'll see. You know how she feels about you, I don't want anything bad to happen." he said to the other person on the line. He noticed me come in and flashed me a small smile as I sat down next to him.

"Okay, I'll possibly see you in a bit."

"Who was that?" I asked as Tyler hung up and tossed his phone on the bed.

"Josh," he replied. My chest grew tight. "he's having his family over to watch the game and eat pizza or whatever. We don't have to go if you don't want to. I don't even like football, but I do like pizza-"

"Tyler, it's fine," I interrupted his rambling, giving him a light smile. "that sounds fun. Maybe it'll help us get along if we're together more."

"Are you sure?" Tyler asked, intertwining our fingers.

"I'm positive." I replied, kissing his cheek quickly. I pulled away to see him eyeing my collar.

"Okay, but you're gonna have to put some makeup on that neck of yours." he chuckled. I playfully hit him in the shoulder as we both fell back on the bed.

-

Tyler pulled into a way too familiar driveway and I felt the anxiety in the pit of my stomach intensify. He seemed to notice it so he lightly patted my thigh, looking at me reassuringly. I brought my hand up to cup his face and kissed him softly, our lips touching for only a few seconds. Once I pulled away, I smiled, the taste of his kiss lingering happily.