four

edited.

My eyelids fluttered open to the sound of a kitchen vent fan roaring on high, signaling something was cooking. I sat up, my head pounding, and checked my phone, the time being 8:39 in the morning.

I observed my surroundings, and realized I probably fell asleep on Tyler's couch last night. He had covered me in a fluffy, white duvet and laid my head on a couple of pillows.

I got off of the comfortable couch, stumbling into the kitchen to find a shirtless Tyler flipping one pancake onto a thin, black plate. He wore his grey sweatpants low on his hips, showing the waistband of his boxers. His back looked clenched and defined, as if he was tensed up.

"What are you doing?" I sleepily asked, scaring him. He jumped out in surprise, whipping his head around to meet me.

"Oh my God, you scared the shit out of me!" he cried, making both of us laugh. "I'm making you breakfast, obviously." he replied, showcasing the plate of about three pancakes. I smiled brightly as he put them back down.

"Those look gourmet, what the hell?" I laughed, confusion cracking me up.

"Well, I've learned alot from hopping cafes, you know?" he chuckled, drizzling strawberry syrup on the plate. He then placed a few diced up strawberries all around and sprayed some cool whip on top. I swear, he was so extra.

"Thank you, Tyler." I beamed as he turned around to put my plate right next to his simple bowl of cereal. We both sat down, starting on our breakfast, when I entered a small state of confusion.

"What time did I fall asleep?" I asked, taking another mouthful of pancakes onto my fork. I had to say, they were just as good as they looked.

"It was only like 4:00 in the evening, but I didn't mind. You seemed really tired and I didn't really want to be alone in my house, so you crashing on my couch would've been better than nothing." he shrugged, and I immediately felt guilty. I stayed at his house to help him, and I ended up passing the fuck out and getting sixteen hours of sleep.

"Thank you- like really. Also, you didn't have to make me a huge breakfast, you're too nice."

"Well you made me happy, so I made you pancakes." he giggled, making me blush. He was cheesy and cliche, but the good kind.

"What are you doing today?" I asked him as I finished up my breakfast. His eyes lit up as if he'd been waiting for me to ask.

"Nothing at all, I'm off today. But I'm down for suggestions..." He trailed off, and I got what he meant. We both wanted to spend time together, for the second day in a row. It seemed pretty bizarre, but we both knew I wasn't ready to leave.

"Well, we had an insane day yesterday, so we should probably do something more on the chill side, but not too boring." I spoke, confusing even myself. I chuckled at my statement for not making any sense, but Tyler seemed to have gotten it.

"I have an idea," he cheered. "let's take a mini road-trip."

I nodded along to the idea, getting excited, but then he projected a frustrated look. "Shit, my car-"

"We'll get it, don't worry." I replied, reassuring him. "I like the road-trip idea, but where to?" I asked. Tyler got the biggest smirk on his face and I began to worry about my safety.

"Please no more surprises-"

"It's a surprise, Bri!" he interrupted happily. I laughed as he closed his eyes and smiled wide, looking like a six-year-old.