two

edited.

It had been six days since my weird encounter with Tyler, the clumsy waiter, and ever since, I felt myself starting to feel a little bit better.

It was an incredibly weird and unexpected experience, but it was fun. On that day, he took a little break under the permission of his incredibly nice boss, and we talked about music and poetry for what felt like a very short time, but was actually over two and a half hours. We had very un-similar taste in music, besides Creed of course, which was nice because we had room to recommend eachother different stuff.

I found out he wrote and sang for a band and they've been kicking it for about 2 years. Apparently, it was a two man band and the other member was a drummer.

He didn't have the courage to quit working and make his band his full-time career, so he spent two months at a time hopping around numerous cafes around town, this being one of his favorites.

I learned a lot about him from our little chat, and he seemed like a good person to hang around, so we exchanged numbers. I found it funny how I went from hating him to wanting to get to know him within minutes.

My thoughts of him were slowly decreasing, to my surprise. I thought I wouldn't make it this far until about another month, but I had friends to help me.

They never really talked to me when I was with him, because they said he changed me. Little did I know that they were completely right. I thought that the person I was becoming was just me realizing who I wanted to be, when in reality it was who he wanted me to be.

It was so funny how I'd open up to him and tell him everything about me when I didn't even know his birthday or his damn last name. He never talked about himself, like he was keeping his entire life a huge secret. Maybe he didn't have one at all.

Today, I didn't have anything planned, so I decided to call up one of my friends, Florence, who'd thankfully stuck with me even when I was with him. Her name matched her personality, and people always said she was the spitting image of Lana Del Rey, inside and out. She was great at advice and probably the wisest of our friend group, which is why she never abandoned me.

I lazily grabbed my phone off of the slick, cold, glass bedside table and dialed her number, placing it to the side of my cheek, waiting for her melodic voice to fill my right ear.

"Hey, what's up?" she asked, full of energy, making me smile. She always woke up at a very productive hour, which was extremely healthy and something I wish I could get into the habit of doing.

"Just checking to see if you had anything planned," I replied. "I've missed you."

She chuckled happily. "I miss you too, but I actually have something going on today." she sighed. "My great aunt is getting remarried, and we're flying out to London for the weekend to find a venue."

I rolled my eyes a little bit, because Florence was always busy doing something fancy. She skipped the new-adult stage of her life and went straight to the billionaire-party-goer stage that only some of us are lucky enough to see.

"That sounds fun!" I smiled, feeling happy for her, but still bummed.

"Hey, if you want, I have these tickets for this alternative band, and I know you're into that. It's next weekend, and I'd be down to force myself to go if it was for you!"

My eyes lit up in excitement. I loved concerts. They were like escapes from reality, each one holding something different. I'd go to any concert, even Creed.

"Of course, oh my God! Do you know who it's for?" I asked.

"I have no idea, I won them on the radio. But I know they sing the type of music you like. It starts at 6:00, so I'll pick you up an hour before?" She planned, making me smile even wider.