twenty seven

yes i know this isn't a joshler fic but i added a joshler gif. come for me.

-

The past two nights have been bittersweet to me- bitter because I haven't left this hospital in what seemed to be forever, and sweet because Tyler was with me the whole time, holding my cold hands and numerous boxes of noodles with me.

Luckily, the hospital had a TV with an actual movie collection. The only downside, according to Tyler, was that they only had old Disney movies. Personally, I found this exciting.

So for the past 48 hours, we'd been sleeping, eating lukewarm Chinese food and ham from the cafeteria, and watching cheesy princess movies.

The whole time, Tyler couldn't stop staring at me and telling me how much he loved me. He even broke down into tears, repeatedly thanking me for still being alive.

Earlier today, the doctor came in and allowed me to get out of bed and go downstairs to the cafeteria. Tyler and I slowly walked down there for the first time, and damn it felt good to leave that room.

Tyler gripped onto my side and I slung my arm over his shoulder for support as we made our way into the cold elevator, accompanied by a small little girl with a prosthetic leg and ribbons in her hair, and her mother who was chewing gum like a maniac.

It had been hard to walk or move, mostly because of all the fluids and medicine still in my bloodstream. But it was okay, because luckily, I had Tyler with me.

We walked into the cafeteria, greeted by the faint smell of sickness. It wasn't much different from the rest of the hospital, the walls papered with pale designs and the tile cold and hard.

There was a Subway in the corner, appealing to me. I hadn't had fast food in a while, even if it was just sandwiches.

I pulled Tyler like a little kid away from the vending machines and towards the Subway.

He ordered for the two of us, remembering what I usually ordered.

Once we both got our food, we sat down in our chairs that were pulled into a wobbly, old café table. I pulled the sandwich up to my face and inhaled it, earning a gentle chuckle from Tyler.

"That's not something you do on a date, young lady." he teased, sipping on his drink.

"We're in a hospital cafeteria, Ty." I chuckled, taking a bite out of my cheesesteak and almost moaning into the warm bread.

"How romantic." Tyler laughed, running his hands through his hair and scooting forwards a little.

"Hey, shut up, I take pride in my adorableness." I smiled, sticking my tongue out at him like a child.

"Oh, that reminds me," he said, reaching in his pocket for something. "I wrote you a poem."

I took the crumbled piece of paper from his hands, my heart fluttering softly at the thought of him writing about me.

Now the night is coming to an end.

The sun will rise and we will try again.

Stay alive, stay alive for me.

You will die, but now your life is free,

take pride in what is sure to

die.

"Tyler, this is fucking beautiful." I gasped as I slid the paper back to him with a huge smile on my face.

"Why, thank you." he replied, his soft cheeks now burning into a pale pink shade.

"You should really make that into a song, I'm sure it'd be great on an album." I suggested, taking a big bite out of my sub.

"I'm working on it."

-

"I have great news for you, Ms. Vanessa," my nurse exclaimed as she entered my room with a clipboard in one hand and a chocolate cupcake in the other. "we think you're stable enough now to finally go home!"

My eyes lit up with joy and Tyler jumped up from his seat on the pullout bed with a cheer of happiness.

"Thank you!" I cried as Tyler literally ran up to the nurse and hugged her as tightly as he could. I laughed so hard, I thought I'd strain my voice.

"You'll be able to head out tomorrow morning at 8." the nurse informed as Tyler let her go and ran over to hug me.

"Thank you so much, doc." Tyler smiled as he made me scoot over to let him lay in my hospital bed with me.

"Don't thank me, thank your lovely lady for working so hard." she replied, tucking a tight curl behind her ear. "I'll leave you two alone."

The doctor left the room, closing the door softly behind her as Tyler turned to face me.

"I'm so fucking proud of you."

-

HAPPY SUPER BOWL BITCHES

I HATE FOOTBALL

I MET A RLLY CUTE GIRL AND I'M SO AHPPY