three

edited.

The loud sound of bowling pins crashing against the smooth, wood floor caused me to smile, and sure enough, I got a strike. I shrugged my shoulders in laughter and looked over at Tyler who was faking an angry expression. I laughed in his face and he bit back a grin, eventually letting it out and stepping up for his turn.

I was having alot of fun beating Tyler and taking photo-booth pictures with him. We'd only been here for about two hours, but we've accumulated way too many photo-strips and bowled way too many free rounds.

Tyler rolled his ball, only getting a score of 8, which made me laugh. He faked the same mad expression, but then approached me with a large smile, leaning forward a little bit. I draped my wrists over his shoulders, looking him dead in the eyes and laughing.

His eyes flickered to the bottom of my face, and then back up to my eyes as he kept his smile.

Our faces were inches away, and I couldn't help but to look directly at his lips as well. I quickly switched my glance back up to his eyes once I realized my blurry intentions. When my eyes met his, they were different.

He wasn't looking at me anymore, rather the front door. He looked as if he'd seen a ghost standing in the doorway.

He inhaled sharply, pulling away from me and his jaw dropped.

Something was off. His expression completely changed and he froze up. His eyes widened and fell to the ground as he took in short breaths. His hand went up to his head and he didn't make eye contact with me after I'd continuously called his name. It's like he'd suddenly become paralyzed, and it was scaring me to see him like this. My legs were shaking along with his, and confusion washed over me.

I quickly looked over to where he had glanced, seeing a dark haired figure.

A girl.

I didn't understand what was happening at all, but I needed to get Tyler out of there before he had a panic attack. I put his arm around my shoulder, quickly rushing him upstairs as he remained silent.

"It's okay, you'll be okay." I choked out. Everything had changed too quickly, and it was terrifying.

I pulled him into the photo-booth, not really knowing where else to go. Thankfully, nobody had noticed us.

I pulled the small curtain attached to the booth, trying to avoid the girl.

"Tyler," I whispered, helping him up. He was breathing heavily, and his head was slumped. His dark eyes were glassy, but his face remained calm.

I shook his shoulder, and he looked me dead in the eyes, tripping on his breath.

"I'm so sorry, I really am, Bri-"

"Stop," I interrupted, grabbing his arm. "it's okay, we're gonna get you home, okay?" I whispered. He nodded his head slightly, a tear rolling down his cheek.

We trailed down the stairs, Tyler's head completely down. The girl looked me dead in the eye, her stare cold and oblivious to Tyler, and I was so glad that she didn't recognize him. We managed to make it out of the place without anyone shouting, or freaking out, which was the goal.

I helped him get in the passenger seat of my car, and decided that he could just pick it up tomorrow. He gulped loudly, another tear falling as I slammed his door shut and opened mine. I rapidly pulled out of the small parking lot, not caring about anything besides the crying boy next to me.

"Tyler, what's your address?" I asked, shakily, my hands tensing up.

He croaked out his street name, and I nodded my head, knowing the way. I glanced over at him and he was in the same expressionless trance as before.