seven

I didn't know who I was pushing, but I was. I didn't know if I was crying, but water was running down my face like a rapid waterfall. I felt numb to everything.

I screamed, pushing through a crowd of people yelling obscenities in my face, and a few threw hits at me until I made my way out of the room and into a security filled corridor.

I had no idea where I was going, but I was running the fastest I've probably ever ran.

Why did he have this effect on me?

Because he shattered my fucking world in a million diverse pieces.

I felt a big body wrap itself around me, and a few more came after it. I was screaming for help as I was thrown to the ground my guards and bystanders.

I slightly opened my eyes to find yellow-vested men holding me down and a few even kicking at my sides, to make sure I didn't cause anyone anymore trouble.

Just as I was about to let out another weak cry, someone beat me to it.

"Stop it!"

The guards cleared quicker than ever when they heard his loud voice boom across the echoing walls of the crowded corridor. They moved just enough for me to see him, his dark eyes filled with anger and fear.

"Tyler," I croaked out, my voice shaking. I must have taken way more damage than I thought from all the hits and kicks I collected over my course of my hypnotic panic attack.

He shook his head and rushed over to me, quickly but cautiously lifting me up off the ground. He slung me over his back, and I felt a sharp pain in my side, yelping out.

"Somebody who didn't hurt her," Tyler called out, scanning the room. His eyes met the Ice Cube looking man who I encountered earlier. He looked just as shocked as Tyler did. "will you help me take her to an empty dressing room?"

Ice Cube nodded and Tyler followed him through a path of upset guards, and down a hall into a small room with a mirror and a comfortable looking couch. Tyler set me down gently and then excused the security guard and told him he'd be out to perform in a minute or so.

"Bri, what the fuck-"

My tears started back up again before I had even realized they had stopped and Tyler cut himself off and pulled me into his chest. I sobbed into his shoulder as he stroked my hair with his trembling hand.

I immediately felt bad for making him stop his show, just for me. I bet everyone in the audience is raging, and I didn't even want to think about where
Florence was. She knew that was Josh, she'd met him before, so she wouldn't be too confused.

"That was him, Tyler. Josh is him." I cried. I didn't want to believe it. I didn't want to have to leave Tyler because he's in a band with my ex.

Tyler looked at me with confusion for a minute, but then it hit him, realization kicking in. He sighed, showing his inner empathy.

"God this is such a fucked up situation." Tyler whispered into my hair, more to himself but me. He lifted my chin from his shoulder and looked me dead in the eyes.

"Everything will work out, I promise. I'm not leaving you. I'm here for you because you were for me." he spoke softly. "I really want to be here with you and to talk things out, but I have to perform."