Chapter 8-A Mother's Worry?

The driver stopped by my house first, and I gulped, not knowing the kind of punishment I'd be receiving for coming home so late.

I got out of the car and stood in front to say bye to my friends.

"I'll text you as soon as I get home if my phone doesn't get confiscated again," Victoria told me with a look of concern.

"Me too. Although, I don't even know if that's a possibility," Grace told me.

"Remember to make up a really good excuse. I'll try to talk to you guys about it later," I reassured them and made my way to the front door.

It was a good thing that Cole's men gave us back our phones after it was briefly confiscated while we were locked up.

He also gave me his card to contact him. He decided to give only one because he wanted all three of us to join T.L.A and thought I should be in charge of telling him out decision.

I breathed in and out deep breaths before I slowly knocked on the door and waited for my parents to open the door and start screaming.

As I waited, I began to wonder if they went out searching for me, which wouldn't be good.

After waiting five minutes, I knocked again and the door then opened.

I met the face of my mom, who was wearing her night robes and had a frown plastered on her face.

She stared at me for a few moments before speaking. "Do you know what time it is, Alicia?" She asked me, her frown deepening.

I stepped inside the house and mom shut the door, before turning her attention back to me.

I sighed. "I know-"

"Lucas! Get down here!" She called out, interrupting me.

"Did you forget that the party is tomorrow and all of my friends are coming? How would I have looked if they thought my daughter was missing? They'd think I was a bad mother!" She snapped, looking directly at me.

My dad made his way downstairs where mom and I were.

"Alicia, you finally came home," he muttered.

I resisted the urge to roll my eyes at my mother.

"So you don't even care where I was?" I questioned.

Even though I was relieved that my parents didn't try to look for me because of the situation, I couldn't help but feel very annoyed.

"Why should I?" She retorted.

"You were probably out there causing trouble like you usually do. That's why you decided to go against me and your father's curfew rules because you don't like taking orders."

I clenched my fists and tried to calm myself by thinking positive things.

"If people thought you went missing, I'd be in the front cover of worst mothers and my status would be completely ruined!" She rambled.

"Your status?" I sneered which made my mother even more angry.

Dad only pinched the bridge of his nose. "You really need to be more responsible and mature," he told me. "And I don't want you speaking to your mother in that tone."

"Whatever," I muttered making my way upstairs, not surprised by their lack of affection. I was used to it.

"You could at least thank me for picking out the dress you're going to wear tomorrow," mom told me in a bored tone.

I turned to face her and gave her a crooked smile.

"Thank you mother, for being so thoughtful and considerate," I replied her with sarcasm dripping in my voice.

She didn't say anything but stuck her nose in the air and made her way to the lounge while dad started texting people in his phone.

I went up to my room and threw the dress back in my wardrobe, not really mood to start looking for a different one, since I hated the colour pink and I didn't want to deal with my mother again.

I laid down on my bed and took out Cole's card from my pocket and looked at it.

The event that happened today replayed in my head. Over and over again.

I had so many regrets, yet I still achieved the prank.

If only I didn't pick Matthew, if only I knew who he was, if only I had picked a different day, a different time or a different location where we would had never crossed paths.

Then the prank would've been completed without any complications and I'd still be living my same, not-so-normal life.

And my friends would still be safe.

But did I want that?