Chapter 36- I Envy You

"Well that was fun!" I declared.

Grace let out a breath. "Nothing like almost getting killed by two paedophiles..."

"First of all, they were trying  to kill us and second, those two guys looked like sixth graders so I guess you could say they were just perverts."

"Good thing we were able to escape that nut house," Grace said.

I nodded in agreement. "Saved the footage, did you save the rest?" I asked and she replied with a nod.

We soon reached Downtown Lane and it was obviously more decent than the M-forty but it was still very isolated.

It also didn't take long to find Fourteen Street or what we thought was Fourteen Street but a challenge faced the both of us; how to get in.

Fourteen Street was actually quite a small building with noticeable security guards that surrounded the front door. I grabbed Grace by the arm and pulled her to a hidden area.

"What's the plan?" She asked me. I narrowed my eyes, searching for any solutions that could help us. An idea suddenly came to mind.

"I need you to reach into my bag and take out my paint gun, lighter and fire crackers," I instructed. Grace did as told and I stared down at my trusty tools. "Okay, I'm going to light these crackers and throw them into a far distance near the guards. Once they're alerted, I'm going to run as quickly as I can away while shooting them with my paint gun. They're not armed but look like they can catch a punch so it'll be easier to get in once they're gone."

Grace frowned. "Then how will you get in if you're being chased?" She asked.

"That's the thing. I saw my mom place a usb stick in her bag so whatever she's doing involves files so I'll need you to hack them. The room is number twenty-six and it's the third door on your right according to my mom" I explained.

"And what about the other possible security inside or your mum or some guy in a suit!" She pressed.

I let out a sigh. "I know you're scared and I'm really sorry you're dragged into this. It's just....I can't do this alone. I need you here and you're excellent at this stuff. I'm going to give you my tazer if any other guards are in there. I doubt they're loaded and if they are, abort ASAP. Also, try to stay low. Please don't get hurt," I begged.

Grace playfully scrunched up her nose. "Pleading doesn't suit you," she joked, trying to lighten the mood but gave me a serious expression. "I'll try anyway."

I gave her a reassuring smile before lighting the crackers. Just as planned, I threw the crackers into the distance and heard a big bang occurring. I smirked as I watched the two guards jump in surprise and immediately started to search the area. Without looking back, I took off with my paint gun and aimed it at the men who caught sight of me. Once I saw they started chasing after me, I knew it was all down to Grace. I regretted my decision.

Grace's P.O.V

I was worried.

Not for myself or for the task but for Aj. She just left running while two big buys ran after her and I just let it all happen. I knew I should've convinced her more not to leave but she could be so stubborn sometimes and once Aj makes a decision she doesn't think twice.

Another reason I didn't try to pound all sorts of common sense into her head was because of what she last said.

'It's just....I can't do this alone. I need you here...'

A deep frown made it's way towards my face as I remembered everything that had happened during the night. Ever since Aj came over she started acting really strange. The confession she made that I accidentally heard took me by surprise and I've been concerned that I made her upset.