Chapter 13- Teammates

"You're all dismissed! I want all teams together."

I glanced at Anthony, wondering what he was talking about.

I watched as everyone who came for the shooting, stood as groups of two.

My friends and I stood, not knowing what to do until Anthony approached us.

"Aj, Victoria and Grace. I've received information from the boss who has informed me of your desired occupations. So you'll be in different teams of two, with someone who is more experienced than you three and will be able to give you some tips, guidance and a bit of training to prepare you guys more,"he explained.

We all nodded, understanding what he said and he led us elsewhere from everybody.

We were brought to the main hallway and on the wall was a poster that had the names of the teams.

TEAMS

Andy and Robin

Tobias and James

Grace and Francis

Victoria and 24

Jessica and Ruby

Aj and Matthew

"24?" Victoria questioned and I saw the deep frown that made it's way on her face.

"Yes,"Anthony told her in a simple tone.

"You should head to the fourth floor and make your way to room SR two," he advised her.

Victoria gave me and Grace a glance before heading into the elevator.

"Good luck," she muttered before the doors closed.

Carlos' figure and another made its way towards us and Anthony and he gave us each a bright smile.

I noticed the person beside Carlos was Francis and he wore the same glasses and gave us a shy smile.

I couldn't help but find his appearance very similar to somebody I've seen before.

"Which one of you is Grace?" Carlos asked.

My friend raised her hand timidly and he nodded, putting away his clipboard that he had.

"You'll come with me. I'm sure you're going to enjoy working in the tech field. You seem very intelligent," he told Grace.

Francis nodded, agreeing with Carlos. "I'll teach you all there is to know about hacking," he said smugly which caught me off guard, seeing that he appeared to be a shy guy.

Maybe he was just confident in what he does, I thought. Which wasn't a bad thing, anyway.

"Remember me as I was," she whispered dramatically to me and I rolled my eyes, chuckling and gave her a reassuring thumbs up.

"Matthew is in room, at the top floor beside Cole's office, so you can head there now," Anthony explained before taking his leave.

I headed to the elevator and waited until I got to the top floor.

Remembering Matthew made me think about how everything started.

How the prank backfired and I found myself at the league.

I became curious about him. There was obviously a lot I didn't know about him.

I could tell that he was a big deal here and so was his father, who's name seemed to be a taboo around here.

I watched how we seemed to be admired and envied by a lot of people here. And It seemed that Tobias had taken a deep dislike towards Matthew.

Tobias was definitely intimidating. I couldn't even think of myself being alone with him in a room. Even if it was for a few minutes.