Chapter 16- Cole's Request

I watched as Victoria made her way back to us and I smirked, deciding to have a little fun.

"Well look who showed up!" I slurred and pointed at her, holding a bottle of whiskey in one hand.

I watched as her eyes widened and her eyebrows rose in horror,

"Aj. What the hell...." She muttered, shaking her head and her mouth gaping.

I walked over to her and purposely stumbled a bit. I put one arm around her and have her a friendly grin.

No, I wasn't actually drunk. I didn't even drink any alcohol. As far I was concerned, I never planned to.

"Vic! You need to let loose. Here have a drink," I told her and gave her the whiskey bottle.

She frowned and put it on a table. "You need to lie down and calm down."

I let out a loud laugh, which only made Victoria even more concerned.

I got rid of the act and shook my head at her. "Don't worry, I'm not actually drunk. I'm just messing with you," I chuckled.

She gave me a stern look and sighed.

"Grace! Come dance with me," Andy said to Grace with a hopeful look.

Grace gave him a slight smile. "Um Matthew already asked," she apologized and I watched as Matthew led her to where the music was.

I couldn't help but frown as I watched the two leave. He seemed to be getting close to my two friends. Interesting.

"That sucks," Andy pouted and crossed his arms. But he soon gained back his grin as he looked at Victoria.

"No," she deadpanned, already knowing the question.

I chuckled at Andy, as he began pouting again. "I'll dance with you," I told him and he smiled and led me to the music where Matthew and Grace were.

"I'm bored," he told me while dancing. I let out a small yawn. "Me too. I don't really like parties," I told him truthfully.

"Hey look. I think Victoria's sister likes Matt," he told me with a smirk as he glanced at them.

I turned around and laughed as I saw May getting close to Matthew and he was desperately trying to push her away.

Grace watched the scene and held in a laughter.

I thought for a moment, wondering if I should bail him out. We weren't exactly friends, nor were we acquaintances. I didn't even know what we were. Enemies? Teammates? I guess we were just teammates.

I sighed and decided to help him, only because I wanted May to be unsatisfied.

"I'm gonna go over to them," I told Andy. He nodded and made his way to Grace, who smiled at him and the two went off dancing.

I walked over to Matthew and May, cutting there conversation. "I'm gonna steal him now," I told May with a cheeky grin.

She narrowed her eyes at me and walked off with her chin in the air.

Matthew nodded at me and I took it as a thank you and we both stood there awkwardly.

Truthfully, I didn't really know how to dance. I was only trying to copy what everyone else was doing when I was with Andy but now it was just awkward.

I wondered why it was always awkward when I was with Matthew. I found it easier to hang around with Andy and it seemed Matthew found it easier to talk to my other two friends.

I was beginning to have more doubts about our partnership.

"I think she likes you," I told him with a small smirk.

He scrunched up his nose and I chuckled. "You don't even what to know what she was telling me," he muttered, causing me to laugh.

"What dirty talk?" I inquired with a raised eyebrow. He nodded. "Something like that...."

I shrugged. "I don't know. Maybe there could be a future for you two," I encouraged.

"I don't date desperate girls," he told me with a stern look.

I was about to say something else but his phone rang so I just watched him answer it.

"Yes?" He answered confused. I noticed that his frown deepened. I should probably tell him at some point that frowning causes wrinkles if he didn't know already.

"Oh," he answered back, his frown lessened. "Right now?" "The cafe huh." "Yeah I know where that is." "Okay, I'll be on my way now."

He hung up the phone and began walking away.

"Where are you going?" I asked him curiously, following him.

"Cole called. There's a task that needs to be done. It's nothing big," he explained, still walking.

"I'm coming,"I stated.

"No. You'll only get in the way and slow me down," he dismissed harshly and quietly left the house, so no one could see him and I did the same.

"Seriously, go back inside. I can handle this by myself," he ordered causing me to roll my eyes.

"One, you're not my dad and two, I know you can handle it. I'm only coming to watch. It would benefit me if I saw live action. Even if it's only a small task," I answered back to him.

He turned his back to me and continued walking. "Do as you want, as long as you don't get in the way."

I grinned, taking what he said as a yes and continued to follow him.

"So what is the task?" I asked him, walking beside him.

He didn't look at me when he answered my question. "To find a person carrying a suspicious bag and take it from them."