chapter five: Liana

Liana here again! And the picture is of Liana in Hunter x Hunter. The chapter before (Chapter 4) The picture was of Kuro in Hunter x Hunter.
Now, ON WITH THE STORY!
______________________________________________________________________

When Mito came up to Gon and congratulated him, and allowed him to go to the Hunter exam. She had then walked over to us.

"Hello. I am Mito, Gon's Aunt. And you are...?" Mito questioned us, holding a hand out. I took it while Kuro just bounced on her toes, grinning from ear to ear, muttering things about Killua.. I sighed, "Yeah, I am Liana, the girl who is a crazy weirdo fangirling over Killua, is Kuro." Mito laughed a little before giving me a stern look. "You shouldn't call your friend that." She paused, "Or anyone for that matter."

I laughed a little while scratching the back of my head, I wasn't exactly sure how to respond to that. A random flashback came back to me.

"Liana do not lie to me. Tell me the truth." My father said gently. We were in the basement, I had lied about getting my book which my parents had grounded me from for getting my mom mad at me during piano practice. I lied, saying I didn't get the book from in the drawer my mom had it in, but that I found it in the basement. I instantly regretted my actions.

"I truly found it here! I am not lying." I was being hysterical. There were invisible tears in my eyes, threatening to fall over. I was fighting a smile. A laugh was also bubbling itself up through my throat. I kept talking to force myself to keep a straight face. "I promise! I truly found it there!"

My father motioned for Alex, my younger brother to go back upstairs. Alex then dropped the toy guns he was holding like fire, fleeing upstairs to where my mom was.

"So, are you saying your mom is lying? Lying that she put it there?" My father accused me, I shook my head frantically. "No! Maybe Alex or Laura did it!"

Laura was another one of my 'friend's, though she was considered almost family, she was still miles from it.

"No." My father said, "I don't believe that. So it's either you, or your mom that is lying."

"Just tell me." He was pleading now, "Tell me the truth. If you do, I won't tell your mom anything." He went down to his knees to look eye to eye with me. I felt something bubble up within me. No words could explain what I was feeling. It was the worse feeling ever.

The feeling of someone looking at you disapprovingly.

The feeling of despair.

Of having no where to hide.

No where to run.

The feeling of hopelessness.

The feeling of absolute glee. Horrifying. Pure. Glee.
---()()()---

Mito was staring at me. "You okay?" She shook me slightly, "Sweetie? You okay?" That instantly brought me out of my thoughts.

"Yes?" I answer, looking around. Seems I had unconsciously walked to Mito's house. Kuro was looking at me curiously.

Kuro answered me for Mito. "Aunt Mito was saying that we could stay until Gon finished packing. Also, she wanted to know if we were going to the hunter exam too." She smiled.

I put a hand to my forehead. "Yeah, sure." I say, sighing.

Gon opened the door to his and Mito's house. It was much different from... ugh. Why can't I remember anything!?

Anyways, as we walked inside, the first thing I noticed was the smell. The smell of washed dishes and clean, pure air. Unpolluted by electricity and smoke.

We waited for a little when Mito started talking again. "So," She began, Kuro and I turned our attention from exploring to her. "I'm curious," She had a mysterious glint in her eyes, she smirked. "Hmm... do you two girls by any possible chance have any 'boys' in your sweet minds?" Immediately Kuro started laughing. I blushed a bit, before glaring a bit at Kuro.

We pointed fingers at each other, both saying at the same time, "You like Killua!" Before Kuro started teasing Liana, "But she," Kuro pointed at me smiling mischievously. "Likes Kurapika and-" (A/N Third person view from now on because it's hard to write in first person!) Liana then, for once, became giddy.

"Wellllllllllllllllll." Liana started to say, "They are BOTH adorable and amazingly strong! Plus, you have a Killua key chain even! "But," Liana pointed to a lost looking Mito. "She doesn't know who 'Kurapika' and 'Killua' are." Liana crossed her arms. While Kuro just pouted. "Yeah, but you are such a sadist!" Kuro said dramatically, putting a hand over her eyes. "And, oh," She was being way over dramatic. "You re-watched the part when Kurapika's family was killed." Mito was laughing a little confusingly while she saw Gon come down the stairs.

Both Kuro and Liana stopped to look at Gon. Instantly Mito started to tear up. They already knew what she was about to say. And their expectations were not diminished.

After doing their 'secret' handshake Mito and Gon waved bye to each other as Liana and Kuro smiled to each other. Kuro sticking a Pocky Stick in her mouth, Liana sighed, laughing a little.

Gon started to run, surprisingly, Liana and Kuro were able to keep up, Liana looked over her shoulder at Mito who was waving goodbye to them, slowly fading into the distance. Gon was a good ten feet in front of the two girls, no matter how fast they ran they couldn't catch up to him. Seems that in Hunter x Hunter they were given... standard Hunter x Hunter physical abilities? I don't really know.

---()()()--- Time skip to the ship ---()()()---

(First person again XD)

I looked at the blonde sinking into his hammock reading a book. Kuro was uninterested and was playing around with Gon as I crossed my arms and leaned against a pole that Kurapika's hammock was tied to. Pretty sure the storm was coming soon-

The ship started rocking around. Kurapika fell off his hammock.

Right ontop of me.

"A-ah! S-sorry!" I exclaimed, but I don't push him off. If he found it strange, he didn't show it. "Oh, I'm sorry." We were both blushing. Lookng at each other in the eye. After an awkward moment of silence, me silently noticing how close his lips were, when we realized the position we were in. In a scramble of moment, Kurapika got off me. Giving me a hand as the gentleman he was to help me up. "U-uh, I'm sorry about that..." Kurapika scratched the back of his head, then tripped unlike him as the boat tipped slightly.

Gon was rushing about while Kuro and I looked at each other, Kuro covering a hand over her mouth snickering as I blushed furiously. "You l-i-k-e hi-" I punched her. Kuro's eyes were wide open, she then got over the shock quick. Since I didn't punch her hard. Just hard enough to shut her up.

Before we could do anything else the captain walked over.

"I've some questions, for you young youngsters?"

_________________________________________________
Chapter by: Liana

Hope you enjoy! Now at the end of each chapter we will have a QOTC (Question of the Chapter) instead of Chapter of the day, because, well, we usually post two chapters or more a day, so... yeah. xD

QOTC:
Who do you like so far? Liana or Kuro?

We won't take any offense. We are just asking this so we can change their personalities to everyone's liking's.