Nirvana 31

"I can understand that. But, I don't even think she notices the looks."

"Maybe because you have been part of a crowd so long that, that's all you notice. Ever thought about it like that?" He made me think for a second.

"I haven't thought about it like that before."

"The stares that you are getting aren't bad looks. They are looks of curiosity and looks of jealousy. A young strong black lady with a well put together white male? There are some single raced couples that don't get those looks. She sees it has encouragement, you see it as insecurity." Mr. Vill said as I bucked my head back in shock.

I looked at Aaliyah Rose and the stares that were given to her, were of pure amazement, grace, full of lust from some. I looked at Mr. Vill and he nodded his head, pushing me slightly towards her.

"Aaliyah, you remember Mr. Vill right?" I said as I brought him to her.

"Yes I do, we haven't met properly." She smiled and shook his head.

"Darling?" A older female said as she approached Mr. Vill.

"I'm here. I was just meeting Adyan's girlfriend here." I looked down to see a dark skin woman with a warm wonderful smile to meet with. I looked at Mr. Vill and he just smiled at me back. 

"I know what I am talking about boy." He whispered into my ear. I believed him already, but now I knew he was telling the truth. 

"Come into our port. We have an extra two bunk beds and one above ours. We wouldn't mind having children in there." Mr. Vill's wife offered. 

I looked at Aaliyah Rose as she bent down to ask Maya and Will. They nodded happily as Mr. Vill and Mrs. Vill led the way. Maya and Will walked in front of Mrs. Vill and Aaliyah Rose as Mr. Vill and I walked behind them all. 

"How long have you and Mrs. Vill been together?" He took a deep breath.

"We have been around each other for 57 years. How old am I? 61. How old is she? 59 in September. I still look at her the same way you look at Aaliyah Rose. It's not a new love, but it's an everlasting one." 

"You both don't have any kids?"

"None. We tried, but I suppose that wasn't God's plan for us. Hence, why you see her so eager to have you guys in our port." 

"I could see that." 

"I think she is taking a liking to Aaliyah Rose." 

"I think Aaliyah likes her too." I said as I smiled at the sight of her cheeks lifting higher and a faint giggle every couple of minutes. 

We entered the port and closed it as Will and Maya played with our phones as Aaliyah and I talked to Mr. and Mrs. Vill. Mrs. Vill sat with Aaliyah and spoke as I sat on the floor speaking to Mr. Vill. 

"Have you ever just been in love with someone so quick that you feel like you're going insane?" I asked him as I looked at her. 

"Yes, Mrs. Vill was the same exact way. Fell in love with her, still in love with her. Love is just a funny thing. She didn't take the fact that I was in love with well, because I just went up to her and just told her. She almost slapped me until she looked deep into my eyes, realizing that I didn't want to hurt her. I just wanted to love every single inch of her. I still do. But, times have changed since my time boy." 

"I can tell." I said as he started to laugh, me eventually joining in with him. 

"How did your families take it?" I asked. 

"Terribly. I was in love with a black girl. My sisters loved her with all their might though. They were so interested with her and learning more about her. But, my parents thought it was morally wrong to be married or to even think about marriage with a black girl. Her parents thought I wanted to rape her and keep her as a trophy, when in reality, we never did a damn thing until we were sure that we were each other's forever. I remember my mom saying that I was in love with a black girl when I could be in love with so many prettier girls than her. I never really got along with my mother after that. My dad gave her a chance and ended up loving her like a true daughter in law. I'm forever grateful for her." He said as he looked deep into her as she laughed with Aaliyah Rose and that lead me to thinking about her. 

A couple of minutes later,  we sat on the floor as I put my arms around her the same way Mr. Vill put his around Mrs. Vill. They both cuddled in towards us the same way and it was like we were playing an unintentional game of Mirrors. It made me realize that Mr. Vill and I had a connection in short times of knowing each other and I liked him better than my own father. I couldn't understand why this was happening, but I didn't seem to mind it. 

Mrs. Vill and Aaliyah Rose were so much alike and I knew that Mr. Vill knew what he was talking about. I could understand why he was so gentle with Aaliyah Rose, because his wife is the same way. I can't believe that something like that was something someone went through. I realize how good it was that times have changed. 

"Have you guys ever just looked at each other and imagine how life could be like without each other?" I asked, Mrs. Vill sighed and smiled.

"Every day I imagined what life would be like if I didn't marry Mr. Vill. I would be lost without my best friend and my partner in life. This man and you Mr. Adyan, are very alike in more ways than one. I have seen it ever since you came to the house. You both are very interesting people, Mr. Vill and I have been through a lot; but let me tell you both something. If you guys really think that life gets better with someone else, it doesn't. No matter what girl or guy comes in your life. You will always think about that one person. Believe me and trust my words. Life with the ones you love, just makes everything easier." She said as she cuddled closer to Mr. Vill and he kissed her forehead. 

"It isn't easy in this life, but with her it makes things run a little bit more smoother." Mr. Vill commented.

"What about you two?" Mrs. Vill asked, Aaliyah Rose looked at me and I smiled. 

"We've been together for literally a day, but I know that I have a strong connection to her. She is like a beautiful painting that is so interesting that you are so tempted to steal, but you can't because it's the most priceless thing in the world; but you can't help to touch. You just come back to the same museum, at the same time, at the same stance just to grasp a few minutes of her looks. You couldn't help yourself, but to think about how God could make someone so beautiful but have them go through so much." I said as I looked deeply at Aaliyah Rose and she stared at Mrs. Vill as if she was a role model.