Nirvana 1

AALIYAH ROSE

"I can not believe this!" My mother said at the TV, as my dad came in running with a spoon and fork.

"What!" He said.

"Now, Paul. If I was face to face with a robber in this house, what in the world is a spoon and fork going to do to help that sceranio?" She said while chuckling at every word.

My dad smiled at her and kissed her temple.

"Do you prefer no help at all Genesis?" She playfully smacked his belly and laughed. I smiled at them as I put down my phone due to my two little sisters charging at me.

"Yaya! Maya bit me!" Anya, my nine year old little sister said, while showing me her bruise on her milk cocoa brown skin. I pushed some curly hair out of her face to see her teary eyes.

"Maya!" I called her inside as her big brown eyes, looking down at the glazed amber brown hardwood floor.

"Did you bite her?" She nodded.

"Why?"

"She stepped on my doll's head!" I looked at Anya.

"Anya, did you think running to me first was going to help?" She nodded and stared at the floor.

"Well, you both need to apologize to each other." I looked at ten and nine year olds in the face and crossed my arms.

"I'm sorry for biting you Anya." She said as she looked at the floor.

"I'm sorry for stepping on Missy's head." She said while giving a faint sad smile.

"Now, both of you guys hug each other." I said and both of them smiled big and stood there in front of me hand in hand.

"I have some beef jerky and candy in my room. Be very quiet. I'm coming." I said while putting my finger against my mouth. I always snuck some beef jerky and candy into my room because my mom and dad didn't believe in eating candy or anything from the 'white supermacy'. After the whole thing in Ferguson happened, my mom and dad went on strike from the white people. I was mentally shaking my head, but followed along as told.

I told my mom and dad to have a good rest of the evening and as always they nodded because they were too busy not paying attention to my younger sisters and I. I grab a bottle of milk and a bottle of water to give to my sisters because my parents only bought soda for guests. So about six times a year, we drank soda. Also, to get rid of the smell of candy and meat in their mouths.

I went to my room and Anya and Maya were as silent as can be, I high five them as I closed the door. I grabbed the box beneath my bed and slowly opened it, to make sure it didn't creak. I waited a couple of seconds to hear my parents debating downstairs in the living room.

I gave Anya two pieces of Starburst because that's her favorite. I gave Maya a couple of skittles and a piece of beef jerky. They smiled at me and after they finished, drank the milk and water, they attacked me with hugs.

"We love you Aaliyah." They ambushed me with kisses on my cheeks. I laughed and ended up hitting my head against the wall... Hard.

"What was that?"

"Nothing, I fell." I said with a strong voice.

"Better be nothing, better not be breaking anything in this house." He said as he walked through the door, slamming it.

"Can we sleep next to you tonight Yaya?" Maya said, while Anya begged please.

"Sure, you guys go brush your teeth and lay out your clothes for school tomorrow." They both ran hand in hand, laughing.