Nirvana 47

ADYAN

I can't believe that he has the audacity to even think about touching Maya. I failed Aaliyah Rose, I failed Maya, instead of being in the room with them; I wasn't thinking straight.

Mrs. Vill is making excuses for herself as if she didn't know that he was going to do that to her. Thinking about this situation is among my blood boil.

I've never seen Aaliyah Rose cry so much, Will is in her arms with Maya silently weeping with a couple of sniffles every couple of seconds. I finally get a glimpse of Will's face and I can clearly see the light red handprint on his face.

This is unacceptable.

I stormed out and slammed the door open, I grabbed Mr. Vill by his collar even though he had two inches on me. Right now, I don't care about fighting someone older than me.

"You first slapped my little brother after I told you how much he meant to me? Then you tried to rape my girlfriend's little sister? I have more than half a mind to kill you with no regrets. I took you as a father, you are trying to play me so your dick can get hard? What if Aaliyah was in here? Would you try to rape her too and slap Maya?" I said through my clenched teeth.

"Adyan I still take you for a son."

"I'm going to stop you there. We ain't nothing, we are taking a backpack, food, and we will leave tonight." Mrs. Vill looked at me with tears set in her eyes, convincing me to stay.

"Mrs. Vill, I don't believe this act you are putting up at fucking all. Don't even look at me right now." My voice boomed of irritation.

I let go off his collar, walking into the room with Aaliyah, Maya, and Will. I looked at the door and it's hanging by a thread. I couldn't even believe that this happened, this is actually exactly why I can't trust anyone in this world.

I grabbed a backpack from the closet, walking into the fridge taking anything that I think would be of use to us.

Walking back into the room with the three of them, I saw Aaliyah Rose missing only with her purse that she had when we first went out. I automatically started shouting her name with Maya and Will trying to calm me down.

"Adyan, I'm here." I looked around the living and see her by the computer, printing out a map.

"Where are they?" I said with clenched teeth.

"Kitchen." She whispers with a scared look in her eyes. I marched over there and my jaw almost automatically clenched with the sight of them.

"We are leaving. Disgusting people." I said while Mrs. Vill grabbed my arm and I tried to not smack the shit out of an old woman, but she's testing me.

"Let go of me." I said forcefully.

"Adyan, please. Forgive him. If you are going to leave at least take this money from me." I looked down at her hand and it looked like about $400.

"I don't need your shush money. You're both sick and disgusting people. I can't believe you actually went through all that just to try and rape someone's little girl."

"Adyan, take it for me. I will leave him today after you guys leave. I would never marry someone like that. I didn't think that I did." She says while bowing her head in disappointment.

"I don't believe that for a second. Aaliyah, Maya, Will! Let's go." I said as I grabbed towels, food, Aaliyah's purse, toothpaste and mouthwash, along with a thick, fluffy, big blanket.

Mrs. Vill grabbed my wrist before the three of them came to the door and stashed the money in my pocket. She gave me a sad look and I pulled away from her as they came to the door. Aaliyah picked up Maya, laying her head on her shoulder with Will in the middle of us.

We walked out towards the elevator, going all the way back down to the first floor. I patted Maya on the back as she automatically flinched to my touch. Aaliyah shook her head and mouthed to leave her alone for now.

This was supposed to be a good thing and it turned out to be bad.. I'm starting to think that we are supposed to die out here, but Aaliyah keeps telling me to have faith that everything will be okay. I don't like seeing Will like this, it's like the life and joy of him has been just snatched from him completely. He was so silent and walked emotionless as if he had no other reason to be walking.

I remember when we first saw Mr. Vill he asked us about the ages of Maya and Will, to kind of think of it he did stare at Maya and Aaliyah Rose pretty hard. But I was so oblivious to seeing through his fake exterior that it lead us here. Back to square one all over again. I've never felt so guilty, so much failure, words can't describe how much I hate myself right now.

Aaliyah Rose noticed the hurt and sorrow on my face, giving me a kiss on the cheek.

"Nothing is your fault Adyan. Please don't think it is." Her sweet voice gave me reassurance, but it didn't take away the pain that I felt.

Maya finally raised her head up off Aaliyah's shoulder and reached out for me. I threw her over my shoulder and she said, "Please don't feel guilty Mr. Adyan. I know it's not your fault." She jumps down and holds Aaliyah's hand and Will's as he held mine.

It was close to midnight and some change, realizing that it's dark to the point where you saw nothing but the sidewalk and the streetlights above you.

A couple of cars honked at Aaliyah Rose, or which I hope, and she would look down at herself and continue to not speak. This only broke my heart when this happened to her, she looked upon herself as low as she already possibly could. The situation that we are currently in only made it worse.

I could barely breathe anymore due to the fact that I've failed the three most important people in my heart right now. I held Will over my shoulder as he collapsed to his knees. Aaliyah was already holding Maya over hers. I found a car and it was a black 2014 Toyta Corolla. I looked at Aaliyah Rose as she checked our surroundings and gave me a safe nod.

I set Will down, him grabbing Aaliyah's hand automatically. Grabbing a sturdy brick and getting ready to throw it until I heard a gun clock behind my head.

"Are you sure bout that?" I dropped the brick the second I heard the gun.