4 ~ Kraken

4

After dinner Vixen stepped outside the great hall and was met by the Professor Snape whom she had run into earlier and by the look on his face he had not forgot about her embarrassing him.

"Follow me to you room Miss. Venator. On the way I will tell you the rules that also apply to you." He snapped with venom dripping off each word.

Her sapphire eyes gazed up at him with arrogance as they made his insides feel cold but he kept his composure as he whipped around and began to quickly walk through what seemed to be a maze of stairs, corridors, and invisible doors.

As they walked Snape told her the rules of the school which she will obey if not she would be expelled. It was not surprising that each word the professor said seemed to bounce off the Venator girl for it was apparent she all ready had her plans set and no one was going to stand in her way.

Vixen's room was in a tall tower as if she were an imprisoned princess from a fairytale. All she needed was long hair and a name like Cinderella. When she stepped into the room disgust rampaged through her face as she looked upon her disaster of a room. It was covered in mounds of dust, shattered windows, broken doors to the balcony, a mattress on the floor leaking straw where mice seemed to be inhabited.

The room was fit for a pig not a Venator and especially one as high class as Vixen. She walked inside the room crushing a beetle with the leather soul of her high heels before making her way to an opening. It was to her privy which was stained with rust and decorated with cob webs.

Pretty quick a different professor's voice sounded, "Miss. Venator I will see to it that the house elves clean and polish this room and in the mean time you may mingle with the other students."

Vixen slowly turned around and looked at both professors with a disdainful expression before snapping. "That will not be necessary, I will see to it the room is done properly Professor McGonagall."

"Very well, would you like us to show you the way back?"

Vixen looked at her with an expression that said, "Are you serious?"

It then donned on the professor that this child was a hunter and could find her way out of anything."

"My apologies, I will however let you get to tiding up the room. So that you are aware there is a charm on your door so that only you may enter. No students are allowed here."

Vixen turned around the look at the room acknowledging the professor that she was done listening and so the two left the Venator child be.

First things first, the bed had to be destroyed along with the infestation inside of it. With a snap of her fingers the bed lifted off the ground and went crashing through the broken door tearing what was left off the hinges. The bed and door floated outside until they were off the balcony and there combusted into violent maroon flames as the skin crawling painful screeches from the mice inside sounded as they were burned alive.

It was no doubt cruel how Vixen stood there watching the flames dance with delight as the vexatious calls pierced the air. Did this child have a heart at all?

The ashes from the mice and straw gently fell with the breeze with grace until touching the ground.

As soon as the last ash fell and the maroon flames had disappeared Vixen turned to her next chores. It was now high time for cleaning and this room might take all night to clean.

A delicate swish of her wrist and a broom and feathered duster appeared and were starting to clean.

Vixen did not dare go into the bathroom but instead pointed and clouds of steam arose from the area telling her that her spell was at work.

Next was to take care of the windows and door to the balcony. She went onto the balcony to conjure her potion for the windows for she had something particular in mind. No magic would make a window or door appear out of no where out of nothing but with a few drops of this and that along with some Latin words the window and door were being transformed. It would take them a while to be finished and Vixen had a lot of time now. Next she went to reconstructing the doorway, one door would not due, there would have to be two doors and so with her wand she began to cut through the stone.

Next was a closet, She had many items that would need space and so with a spell a chisel and hammer appeared and went to work as she decided to leave and let her magic work.

Outside the castle the night was pitch black. The only light was that from torches placed on the walls.

Vixen looked around to see to it that she was not followed before she made her way down to the Black Lake.

Any other person would have stood at the shore but not this Krystallos child for she never broke her stride as she stepped on top of the water. With each step she took the surface where her foot would touch would turn to ice making it so she was walking on water. In the middle of the lake with only the light of the smiling moon she stood and waited. There was something lurking below her that was no supposed to be and she knew what the creature wanted. Her flesh.

She felt the presence of the monster circle around where she stood as a sly grin graced her lips as she waited for the moment it would strike.

In the blackness Vixen heard the monster rise and before it could strike Vixen thrust her hand toward the creature and yelled "Compreheno!" and the serpent froze as did the water dripping from it.

"Quemadmodum Votum Decido" (Latin: in what manner do you wish to die?) Was all she hissed as she stared into the serpent's eyes with excitement.

Although the creature was physically frozen it spoke to her in a Norwegian tongue. "Ikke Være Gjøre Øyes Lyve Er Synes På Forrige Venator?" (This cannot be? Do my eyes lie or am I looking upon the last Venator?)

Vixen looked upon the orange kraken with emotionless eyes as she spoke, "Animadverto vobispristinus bestia autem no tu obduro erratum ut tu exertus intention mi." (Latin: I see you are an ancient beast however you made your last mistake when you tried to attack me.)

"Forlate dame av jeg feil. Jeg aldri angrep Krystallos mål. Jeg urett deg av sturen hekse" (Norwegian Forgive me my lady for my mistake. I would never strike any Krystallos on purpose, I mistaken you for miserable witch)

Vixen stared into the sea monster's eyes and saw a long history. This creature had been around for centuries and had seen all the wars and many kinds of people. It was extremely rare for anyone to recognize a Venator or Letalis Basium for in today's world the Krystallos race were only myth but then again in today's naïve world even the manticore was a myth.

Would it in fact be wise to destroy this creature in this fading world? Witches and wizards were starting to be nothing more then a joke doing petty magic and forgetting their history. To kill a kraken, perhaps one of the oldest in time, would just add to more loss of magic until there were only a few working at muggle carnivals putting to shame centuries of great beings that once ruled the world in a more civilized manner.

For the first time ever Vixen's hunger for slaying did not linger on her tongue, that itch for death no longer irritated her senses. Was she actually feeling compassion now when a little bit ago she had just burned a family of mice alive?

Her anger at the beast faded as she gentle let down the kraken, "Vado nunc bestia!" (Latin: Go now monster)

The kraken seemed to bow to her before saying, "mai deg dø med salighet ung Krystallos." (Norwegian: May you die with glory young Krystallos.)

Vixen nodded her thanks to the sea monster feeling taken back in time by the comment proving to her just how great of a kraken this beast was for it was customary in older days to say this to a Krystallos for a glorified death would be greater then having been crowned king or sitting next to the Gods in heaven.

The kraken disappeared under the black surface leaving the young girl alone to her thoughts. It was encounters like these that made Vixen appreciate why she was living to this day however staying on the water at this time would be foolish of her and so she took this time to go back to her tower.