31 ~ Final Fight

31

When she awoke she was alone in her room causing her to question if it had all been a nightmare but the evidence was all too clear. She still wore the t-shirt and when she looked outside on the rainy day she saw everyone was wearing black and black flags were displayed in Cedric's honor.

In the rain she broke down and fell to her knees and cried until the lightning lit the sky and seemed to light up something in her room.

It was the staff the unicorns had entrusted her with. Promptly she went to the staff and was brought into a whole different world.

The first face to emerge was her father. His smile was kind and warming as a tear seeped down his cheek. "I'm so proud of you Vixen!" he whispered. "Although your time was short lived I am proud you lived even just for a moment! To live life without truly living or love is worse than death. Cedric was a great man and I am proud to have him as a son. He loves you with more passion than the sun and stars put together. Be brave little one." And after he said those words he seemed to dissolve but the face she needed to see quickly emerged causing her to break down crying and asking why.

Cedric's words comforted her and told her how he loved her and then on to how she was in danger for many Minotaurs were in the castle surrounding her at this time and she must decide her fate. Cedric disappeared but left her with a song as the walls came crashing down and a familiar hunger swelled inside Vixen. She quickly cast a spell which took her and her tower away into the wilderness so there would be no one else harmed. The creatures would face only her.

For hours blood of both human and mythical creature spilled as a gruesome fight emerged taking many lives but never-ending as more and more minotaurs came to take the child with the help of harpies, and death eaters.

They battered bother her body and were taking her spirit piece by piece. Vixen looked around and realized it was history repeating itself. When killed she would die forever in pain and agony! She collapsed to her knees and looked as creatures and humans of all shapes and sizes neared her. Her heart was broke and she would never see her love again. What was there to fight for?

She hung her head momentarily in defeat, ready to let them take her until the blue shimmer of her ring commanded her attention. She heard Cedric's voice say "I Love you Vixey." Followed by his vows, I'll be the wall that protects you from the wind and the rain, from the hurt and pain. I will defend, I will fight. I'll be there when you need me. When honor's at stake, this vow I will make, all for one and all for love."

She smiled with the realization. She had no life on the earth without Cedric, however she could have an afterlife with him and perhaps with her father.

Proudly she stood with new hope and passion. With tears in her eyes she took in the chaos and evil around her which was closing in. Such creatures needed to be stopped once and for all. She tilted her head back and looked up to the starry sky and opened her arms in welcome as the tears fell.

She allowed her love to take control as she softly sang the song Cedric had sung to her in the hospital.

I hear your voice on the wind

And I hear you call out my name

"Listen, my child," you say to me

"I am the voice of your history

Be not afraid, come follow me

Answer my call, and I'll set you free"

I am the voice in the wind and the pouring rain

I am the voice of your hunger and pain

I am the voice that always is calling you

I am the voice, I will remain

I am the voice in the fields when the summer's gone

The dance of the leaves when the autumn winds blow

Ne'er do I sleep thoughout all the cold winter long

I am the force that in springtime will grow

I am the voice of the past that will always be

Filled with my sorrow and blood in my fields

I am the voice of the future, bring me your peace

Bring me your peace, and my wounds, they will heal

I am the voice in the wind and the pouring rain

I am the voice of your hunger and pain

I am the voice that always is calling you

I am the voice

I am the voice of the past that will always be

I am the voice of your hunger and pain

I am the voice of the future

I am the voice, I am the voice

A soft white mist surrounded her frame consuming her and taking her high into the air for some time as creatures watched in amazement while a brilliant blue wisp left her and floated toward the heavens before her corpse was gently set back down on the ground without life. She had killed herself with the tears of Unicorns and their innocence and the innocence she had erupted around her like a bomb, destroying all the evil monsters.

When the smoke had settled, all that was left was the lifeless body of a girl who many did not know laying beautifully in a pile of stones and rubble.