29 ~ Goodbye

29

Before Cedric went out to take on the final task he and Vixen stood in her room with their foreheads touching as their arms held one another in a tender lover's manner. The energy between them was intense but yet calming making their souls feel alive, happy, and at ease.

When it was time they looked deep into each other's eyes, exposing their souls to one another and softly spoke those three words although they didn't need to.

One last sweet kiss before it was time for him to step out and discover their destiny.

Vixen had a hard time watching him walk away down the stair and knew she couldn't watch him walk into the maze so she stayed behind. She would be the first to greet him when he emerged. He looked back up at her once with that smile that was just for her, the one that always made her heart race and lips tingle. He gave her a wink and blew a kiss before he disappeared around the corner leaving her with only his lingering scent as the sight imprinted itself in her mind.

*****

Vixen took her time readying herself although it was a different routine for she did not apply her makeup like she normally did, she did a bit of light natural eye makeup and tamed a few wild curls before going to her dresser where she pulled out the first pair of jeans she had got with Cedric and also the blouse he had given her with the name of a band she had just discovered and loved, Steelheart.

This was the most casual she would ever be around her classmates. The thought made her shake her head, she was married and had classmates! Nonetheless she got dressed in her jeans and t-shirt along with a pair of boots that reached her knees and of course were high heeled all while she sang the song he had sang at their tree.

A quick look in the mirror and she chuckled to herself for she had never looked so relaxed and... happy. She threw on a wool jacket for the cold which made her outfit appear more formal but she didn't care this time. This was who she wished her husband to see.

The happiness quickly vanished as a wisp of black smoke entered through the key hole making Vixen sneer for she knew exactly who the intruder was.

When Capella materialized she jumped back in an over dramatic fashion and held her chest as she saw what her daughter was wearing. "If you cherish you life daughter than you take that off right now and get dressed right! I raised you better than to look like a peasant."

Vixen stared hard at her mother and stated, "I'm only going to tell you once. Get out and never come near me again!"

Capella tsked and replied, "We need to get you away from here. This place has corrupted you and made you think this grunge is acceptable." With that she raised her hand and began to say her favorite curse.

Vixen reacted and got her magic words out before her mother got her curse past her lips.

A bright light made the tower glow brightly as her amazement of the spell bore into the wicked woman who would never again have control over the last Venator! Because of Cedric she was able to use the protonus spell!

Vixen could feel the magic seeping out of Capella causing her to scream until Vixen lowered her hand and looked upon a pitiful woman.

"Come near me, my husband, or my friends again and I will finish the job. Now get out of here and forget you ever had a daughter."

Capella knew she was defeated and limped to the balcony but before she left she turned around and said, "He will leave you and you will become just like Leto!"

"I don't think so. I guess you didn't hear me when I called him my husband. Don't worry though, you've all ready gave me my wedding gift, and that is by being an example as to how not to live and love. Now be gone. My lover will be arriving soon."

With that Capella used a charm to turn herself into a raven and flew away.

When she was out of sight Vixen exhaled and smiled as the weight was removed from her shoulders. Capella was a wicked woman but now knew her daughter was much more powerful and was now unafraid. The freedom she was gaining was magnificent.

Yes many obstacles still lay ahead but she knew she had the strength and support to take it on, especially with Cedric by her side. With Cedric she felt as though she could cheat death itself. But first her love needed to survive the storm she felt brewing.