28 All For Love

28

They stood there holding each other crying both tears of joy and tears of pain for their past, present and future. It was overwhelming as they realized that they had taken down all of their barriers and safety nets and were left with the other knowing every single thing. They could hide nothing from one another and Vixen was terrified, ashamed, uncertain, in love, joyful, hopeful, and a thousand other contradicting feelings but Cedric was there to assure her that it would be okay. She knew his pain and how it made him feel when he told her that he forgave her for his brother's death. He meant it and if one day anyone found out, he hoped they would understand why he had forgiven her.

By the time he lead her to her couch it was late but he had to know about the life she had lived before.

Many tears were shed on both parts as she told him everything. It began joyful as she told of the beginning years when her mother and father were in love and dearly loved their pearl haired daughter. They lived happily in a castle in Greece where love filled every room until they took a holiday to London. Her mother and father were invited to a very prestigious event and Vixen was left behind with the help which she didn't mind. When they returned they were very somber, particularly Vixen's mother who could not even look at her father or her. From that day on Vixen's mother, Capella, changed. Vixen and her father begged and pleaded with Capella to know what was going on and why the sudden change but her replies only became more and more hostile

Cedric knew all of this was crazy as the sun peaked into the castle as the engaged couple danced around the room with joy but the room just couldn't hold them so they went out to the forest where Vixen did something surprising. She found a sharp rock and went to carving her initials on a tree making Cedric smile to himself before he said, "Let me sign."

After they had left their marks and stood back to see their work Cedric's smiled more and asked, "So since you have these Venator powers to see what others are thinking, can you tell me when I want us to be married?"

She smiled more and replied, "My love I cannot read your thoughts. You need to clean up on your history for you will find that if a Venator falls in love he or she cannot read his or her lovers heart or mind."

Cedric just smiled for a moment and replied. Today and the next three days are Easter holiday and we may leave the castle. I want to marry you today and spend our days away from here. Anywhere you like!

Everything was so overwhelming as they stood there and all Vixen could say was, Anywhere with you and today is perfect!

The two quickly left the school to find the place where they wished wed. For some reason they wished to go where they had never been and a bit mysterious. Their destination was Iceland where they discovered an intimate hidden castle. An elegant gown was promptly put together and brightly colored wild flowers were picked as they talked to a preacher and met in the old castle where they were gracefully married with only two witnesses whom they barely knew and would never see again.

After the short and sweet ceremony the preacher and witnesses parted, leaving the newlyweds to their honeymoon at the very castle they had taken their vows. Together they had put a charm upon the castle to see that no one bothered them. For some time they parted ways with Vixen using her magic to decorate their suit, however Cedric decorated their bedroom. Four days of complete bliss and new beginnings filled both their hearts as husband and wife. So much was built in such a short time and an unbreakable connection was welded together. It was very clear that nothing would come between them.

Four days was entirely too short as they returned to Hogwarts with their new secret which would be revealed once school was out but for now their nights were filled with sneaking around to one another's room until the night before the final task of the Triwizard tournament.

They lay alone in Vixen's chambers holding each other as a bothersome feeling crept over them that could not be ignored.

Vixen sat up abruptly as flashes of horrible event played in her dreams causing her to sweat and cry his name as she awoke.

Cedric sat up quickly and wrapped his wife in his arms as she breathed rapidly. When she had calmed enough she turned and looked into her partner's eyes and whimpered, "Cedric I have a disturbing feeling about the task."

He gently placed a kiss on her brow before assuring her. "My love things will be fine. You will be married to a champion with eternal glory and the only way I can have glory is to have you next to me. So by winning tomorrow that could make it so the Minotaur never bothers you again."

His words held to comfort. "Cedric champion or not you have my heart and I couldn't be prouder of you by any means. All I wish for in this life is for your love even if I knew I was to die tomorrow."

He wrapped his arms around her, a gesture which did indeed sooth her some. His smooth voice tamed her troubled spirit. "Vixy my darling if you wish it I will not compete tomorrow. I will back away from the tournament or find a way to be disqualified only so that you are happy and know I am safe."

"My love I cannot ask such a thing. All I can do is beg of you to use the utmost caution."

Cedric kissed her hand and looked into her beautiful soft azure eyes, "You have my promise."

The rest of the evening Vixen lay with her head against Cedric heart listening to it beat, taking in his scent, feeling his lungs take their breaths as he lay asleep. In his arms she never felt so safe and loved as his hairs occasionally tickled her but were always warm and tingly. Every moment was being branded in her mind and everything was how it should be... for the last time.