15 ~ Removing the Masks

The morning light shining on the blue glass made the room seem almost like an ocean as the two lay in each other's arms from the intoxicating night they had just experienced. It was still early in the morning and so no students could be heard outside on this weekend day. Vixen was the first to stir and escape from Cedric's loving arms to tend to a few things in the privy.

Once inside she took herself a quick shower and changed into a white sundress. Today while looking in the mirror she really looked at herself. Never before had she realized her eyes were blue with speckles of silver while her lips were the color of a cherry blossom. Her hair was actually much longer then she thought with a natural loose curl and here and there was strands of silver. This was an actual living and feeling being. Something Vixen had forgotten long ago. She was a real living being for she felt pain, sadness, fear, and....love.

She quickly dried her hair with a spell and decided that this was the day she would be spontaneous. She wasn't going to make sure her makeup and hair were flawless. Today she was letting her hair down and wild while she went without a stitch of makeup to hide herself from the world plus at this rate she might not even where any shoes!

She smiled at herself in the mirror but then she touched her hair and it was once again elegantly pulled up and her makeup was applied until once again she was perfect.

When she was finished she stepped out of her privy and came face to face with Professor Snape! She was glad she had done her hair and makeup for no doubt Snape would know something was up.

"I see you are up early this morning." he said in an emotionless dull tone. "Professor Sprout is missing a Prefect, Cedric Diggory, she was wanting you to use your Venator powers to find him. He was last seen talking to a Beauxbatons student in the ballroom last night. You will be rewarded if you recover him safely."

Vixen looked Snape over as she did from day one in her arrogant and snooty expression. "I will see to it that he is found. He may be unharmed when I find him but I cannot warranty he will be unharmed when he returns."

"I thought you would say that. Bring him back unharmed. For today only you have been granted access to anywhere you please whether it be the forest, lake, Hogsmeade, London, or Timbuktu. Do not abuse this privilege Miss. Venator or else there will be severe consequences."

"Professor Snape! Of pureblood decent I must remind you I am not one to tolerate let alone socialize with muggles especially in their primitive world now if you do not mind I will begin my hunt. Good Day Professor!"

Vixen had no idea why she got such joy talking to Professor Snape like this. She was always the dominate speaker and always won their tussle of words.

When she stepped back in her room Cedric finally awakened with a great smile across his face.

"You have no idea how amazing it is to wake up and see those blue eyes and that gorgeous smile."

Vixen blushed by the heart touching comment until she sat next to him.

"Well I guess everyone thinks you are something special. The faculty wants to send me out to find you and bring you back unharmed."

Cedric chuckled a bit as he ran his hand through his hair. "Well I guess I best hide so you can do your job and hunt me down!"

"Cedric if you become lost I cannot find you." Vixen replied in an almost ashamed voice.

Concerned Cedric asked, "Why not? You could before. Why can't you now?"

"I will tell you some other time. But today I get to abuse my privileges! I'm allowed to search for you anywhere in the world. So where are you hiding?"