11 ~ Fire & Water

11

The morning sun was shinning bright through the clear window almost blinding Vixen as her eyes fluttered open as if she were sleeping beauty coming alive for the first time in years. The bed she lay in was not soft like her own nor was the scent of the room familiar as she studied her surroundings with blurry eyes. When she sat up an overwhelming pain shot through her body and the sounds of the Minotaur's roar rang in her ears causing her to cringe into a ball while holding her chest. Tears swelled in her eyes from agony and sweat began to seep from her pours as she gasped and tried to breathing through the pain. Somehow she managed to get a quick thought into her head and said her curse!

"Animus occulto!"

As quickly as the pain consumed her it had now left with her soul but as this sudden release of torture Vixen took in a deep breath and was unconscious once again.

*****

It did not take long for Vixen to regain consciousness and her senses making her realize. this room was different. Flowers, candy, stuffed animals, and balloons had completely consumed the room filling it with the scent of cinnamon and sugar. Scents she quite frankly loathed and would have angered her if her spirit had been present.

Madame Pomfrey walked into the room and as soon as she saw Vixen sitting up a wave of relief could be seen going through the woman. Vixen turned to stand up until Madame Pomfrey pushed her back down onto the bed. "You need your rest child! You have been very ill coughing up blood and having the most horrifying night terrors! Your body is weak and you must rest."

"What is it that happened to me?" Vixen asked

Madame Pomfrey seemed a bit confused and unsure how to answer without scaring the poor child. She had just gone through hell and no one knew how or why! "Miss I think it will be best right now if you just get some rest."

Vixen was in no mood to put up with this nonsense of secrets so she quickly snapped, "You don't know do you? I should have suspected that no one in this country would know. You say I was dreaming and bleeding and so I am willing to bet it was the somnium cruci formidilosus curse!"

Madame Pomfrey just looked at Vixen as if she had heard it all before. No student could possibly know more than she.

Dumbledore soon appeared in the door way. "Good to see you awake Miss. Venator! You gave us quiet a scare there for a while."

"Professor!" Vixen interrupted, "Do you know what was wrong with me? Why I was having these fits?"

Dumbledore wasn't one that willingly hid things and so he told her. "Miss. Vixen, Madame Pomfrey and I have never seen this sort of thing before. We have no idea what it is that had consumed you into such pain and torture and we have no idea how to prevent it from happening again."

Vixen looked from face to face looking as though she didn't care or have any concerns. "Professor may I make a possible suggestion of what it might be without being looked upon as an ignorant student as Madame Pomfrey has?"

Madame Pomfrey was now offended by this comment, "I beg your pardon!"

Vixen looked at her without seeming embarrassed or ashamed replied, "Madame if you believe what I said then what did I say?"

Madame Pomfrey was now silent and just looked and Dumbledore speechless.

It didn't take long for Vixen to break the silence, "Well I'm obviously the dumb 6th year and don't know a thing so I will take care of this my own way but first I need to know who brought me here? How did I stop screaming? How did I stop coughing up blood? Who all has entered the room?"