9 ~ The Black Lake

The Black Lake

The evening was pitch black without a star in sight.

Occasionally lightening would flicker and make everything seem gloomy and a bit wicked but Cedric kept on the trail toward the dark water. When he reached the Black Lake he let out a disappointed sigh. "I'm not seeing a blue flame Vixen." he mumbled to himself.

The clock at the castle let all know it was now midnight with its ominous bell tolls. With the first bang of the bell there came a blue flame right on top the water of the Black Lake.

"She wasn't joking when she said middle of the lake!" he said out loud in a humored tone. "Now I just need to find the best way possible to reach her." and so he began to ponder as to which spell he could use to conjure that would take him to her. 

The only sounds were the sounds of the water hitting the shore making him lose himself in thought until there was a squeaking sound. It was unlike any he had ever heard before and it was too dark to see what it was but it had certainly captures his attention, or at least as much as it would allow to drift from the thoughts of her.

"Lumos!" he said causing his wand to illuminate and shed light upon the area but nothing could be seen in the murky water. Like its name it was all black!

All of a sudden there came a CRASH as something exploded from the water like a monster erupting from hell. A creature of white and black emerged and let out a loud noise causing Cedric ears to ring but to knowing it was this massive beast in which had been making the noise before. This creature was as big as a bus with large pink stained teeth which was evidence of its love for flesh.

Cedric fell backwards by the sight of this monster and proceeded to crab crawl backwards until he was pinned against a rock as his mind told him that this was his punishment for trying to charm the Venator.

The monster stayed there on the bank still squealing and squeaking at him making him stay put an unable to escape. Cedric felt as though his heart would beat out of his chest at any given moment until he heard a laugh that took away all of his fear.

"Are you scared of a fish Diggory?" chuckled Vixen who looked to be sitting just on top of the black water but it was another one of the monstrous beings!

Cedric quickly found his feet and looked over the creature. "What is this?" he asked with a nervous smile.

She smugly grinned and replied, "His name is Orinoco."

"Cedric looked over Orinoco with confusion. "What exactly is Orinoco?"

Vixen's laugh could be heard before she answered. "He is an orca better known as a killer whale."

By the word Killer in its name Cedric took a step back. "I thought you would destroy me with your own hands but I can see you are defiantly creative on how you kill people. Make sure no sign of them is found!"

Cedric could tell in the dark Vixen was smiling there on the water.

"I promise when the time comes that I'm ready to kill you I will do it with my hands but right now Orinoco is here to give you a ride to the middle of the lake because I figured you didn't bring your row boat."

Cedric looked over the creature again and began to realize there were some innocent features about this sea killer.

"Trust me Cedric!" she said in a tone that made his insides rattle with pleasure.

"Damn her!" he thought. "She had to say my name didn't she? I just hope she doesn't try and tell me to jump off a cliff assuring me I can fly because I think I'd believe her!" Cedric took a deep breath and began walking toward the creature and reached his hand out so the creature wouldn't be afraid.