18 ~ Self Inflicted Pain and Suffering

Word spread rapidly that Vixen was back and badly wounded at this time and the proof lay stained in the Slytherin common room. Students were not allowed to see Miss. Venator as she healed which was killing two students but the Triwizard Tournament was guaranteed to demand their attention.

The first challenge of the Triwizard tournament was completed putting Harry and Viktor Krum tied for first place while Cedric came in second and was still healing from getting his mug severely burned while the Beauxbatons princess came in 3rd place. Throughout the grounds students and faculty were celebrating the phenomenal performances of all four champions while also being tortured by the ear piercing screeches which came from the golden eggs the champions had retrieved from the deadly dragons.

Vixen awoke in a weak state but the kelpie scales had saved her. As she lay in the secluded room she scanned through the book which Leto had given her and soon found the spell which she needed. "Damno creatura lesio ico ditto clementia dues rependo!" she cried and within minutes her wounds had healed but one wound appeared on her palm and a green slime began to ooze out. Vixen was extremely disturbed by this and felt herself gag until she read on finding that this was the poison escaping her body and soon enough that darn fang came out without a bit of ease or mercy.

The pain and foul goop coming from her hand could not take away her emotional pain.

As soon as the wound closed she brought her knees up to her chest and grieved the thoughts about what she had to do. She had to stop this nonsense with Cedric before he got hurt. She could manage braking his heart, he would heal however she could not heal if he was killed because of her. Leto was a beautiful girl at one time but now hideous by love. Vixen knew when Cedric was killed she would become blood thirsty and want to take her anger out on whoever so much as crossed her path and deep down she knew she would destroy England.

She stepped to the window to look out toward the lake. Rain fell hard on this day as and it seemed to make Vixen's heart fall more and more with each drop that shattered against the glass. She pressed a hand to the cold pane of glass and frost surrounded her hand print. This was a familiar sight she had seen many times before. It always happened when she had a foul or evil thought.

She quickly removed her hand when a black figure caught her attention on the grounds four floors under her. The figure soon stopped as if it felt her cold stare and moved its head up to look while pulling back their hood.

Familiar soft eyes warmed Vixen's soul as she stared at him with a million confusing thoughts rushing through her head.

He smiled that smile that was created only for her and soon began running toward the nearest doors.

Vixen's heart began to race as she quickly tried to figure out what she should do? She knew what she wanted to do but what should she do to save him and her heart?

Time was up as the door burst open and that spectacular smile filled the room making all of Vixen's thoughts fade as his arms wrapped around her waist pulling her so close she could feel his heart beat and then the burn as his lips locked with hers. Her fingers became tangled in his hair as she pulled the kiss closer needing more.

When they finally parted lips he pulled her even closer with trembling arms. "I thought I lost you." He whispered as he held her like he would never let go. This was the greatest feeling in the world to be loved and needed like this but the awful words and haunting images of Leto had laid before he came to mind and she quickly cut off the feeling by pulling away from Cedric's loving embrace knowing this was when she had to end this bliss only he could give her.

Vixen's heart now began to ache as she prepared herself for what she was about to tell him. For a fleeting moment she thought about removing her soul so she would not feel the pain she was about to inflict on them both however she felt he deserved to have the news come from the real her. She stood up straight and stared coldly into his eyes and began her painful confession and it seemed like a stranger speaking as the words fell from her mouth like anvils falling from the sky. "Cedric this childish game has to come to an end. The Harpy was a sign we should grow up and stop this foolish game. We both know this will go nowhere except lead to hate and destruction. We do not love each other nor will we ever. Good luck with the rest of the tournament and I hope you come out triumphant. Thank you also for the times we shared and new experience in the muggle world although I will never visit there again. I wish for us to be distant strangers and for my name to never escape your lips."

Vixen wanted to start crying for the words cut her deeper than anything until she looked in his eyes and saw his world crumble and fall.

"Vixey please don't do this!" He begged. "I love you more than life itself and I know you feel the same way! Why do you wish me gone? Whatever it is that has frightened you enough to push me away I know we can defeat together. Please Vixey! Please!"

Vixen's hands began to tremble and vision became blurry as he pleaded with her to see reason but she couldn't bring herself to put him in danger. She loved him too much to let him get hurt which would be his fate if they stayed together.

Cedric knew she was serious for her eyes no longer twinkled or showed any life as they once did. He knew he should exit but before doing so he kissed her forehead as she stared at the cold floor. No words could be found between the two of them. This was it. This was the end.

He made haste to exit the room and it greater pain filled her insides for he never he looked back.

Vixen quickly grabbed her book and found a spell to teleport herself back to her tower and as soon as she appeared in the cold room she burst into sobs as she threw herself onto her bed where she cried herself to sleep.

*~*~*~*~*