7 ~ Unexpected Rendezvous

7

For a week straight students tried to avoid Vixen's path in fear they would be killed or severely hurt by her wicked powers except for a couple students.

Lidia Blaylock was persistent in seeing that Vixen was insulted each and every day although Vixen rarely even acknowledged Lidia's presence but another student would always pop up and get a few words out of Vixen. Cedric Diggory was a relentless young man and truly he was starting to break into Vixen's world against her will.

Finally the glass was finished brewing and placed in their designated areas where they stood proud with all their beauty. The glass was not just for beauty but it gave off a feeling of a church which made Vixen more at ease and safe in her mind.

That evening after dinner she decided to have some tea outside on the balcony and enjoy the crisp night air. This evening she was in her ivory long silk gown with an azure robe over top. She may be attending a casual school but that didn't mean she needed to lower her standards and be satisfied with flaky wear. She was accustomed to silk, fur, and cashmere and was not going to settle for less than the best.

On the edge of the balcony she stared out into the forest as she drank her hot lavender tea until she sensed someone behind her which was the opposite side of the balcony.

"Mr. Diggory," she said without having to look behind her, "You are trying to seal your fate of being expelled or destroyed aren't you?"

"Well I think I am safe as long as I don't let that Leucosia charm consume me although I will admit those sapphire eyes do have a spell over me." Exclaimed Cedric.

Vixen jerked around with a cruel smile, "You wouldn't be able to fight my charm Mr. Diggory. No man can."

Cedric now had a smile from ear to ear but his was clearly one of amusement. "Is that a challenge Miss. Venator? Because I must admit I have a competitive side and am willing to do everything I can to prove it to you."

Vixen laughed viciously, "That wasn't a challenge. That was a fact!"

Cedric looked her over for a brief moment before asking another question, "Why is it everyone fears you?"

Vixen looked at him for a moment, trying to figure out if he was serious before beginning to answer him which somehow turned to her into what might have been a confession. "Because I hold a lot of power over people because of my heritage however my ancestry may say something but everything about me is not what it may seem. Look all you wish into my family history and my future will prove to you something completely different. I'm not like most witches and that isn't a particularly a good thing."

Cedric now just stared at her, still with his soft eyes that made her feel at ease and what he said went straight to her core, "You know I cannot decide which makes you more beautiful. When you say nothing at all or when you fire off with your sass and coyness."

For some reason this comment actually made Vixen feel funny which made her smile until she realized what kind of feeling it was and she quickly said, "Time for you to go Mr. Diggory!" and she snapped her fingers which summoned the wind which seized him and his broom in which had carried him to her tower before the breeze smoothly took Cedric back to the ground below.

She quickly went inside feeling flustered as her heart raced, finger tingled and breathing quickened. A feeling she didn't like for she knew it would be the beginning of the end.

She needed to get lost in her studies and so she jerked the ancient books from their place and had three scattered around her but the feeling lingered still growing more and more wild until she said those two words. Those words she hated for she hated being empty but she had to do it for her own good and the safety of others. She was a person that wanted to be alone and would forever be alone and she was fine with it. At least she thought she was.

 "Animus occulto!" 

 For the rest of the evening Vixen went along with her studies without her spirit to get in the way.

*****

Vixen found her normal secluded seat in the great hall which was soon accompanied by Cedric which was becoming a routine. "Good morning blue eyes. Have a good rest after I left?" he asked in a flirtasous manner.

She wanted to smile but forced her emotionless expression. "Don't come to my room again Mr. Diggory or I will take disciplinary actions into my own hands and you will be praying that I kill you to stop your suffering!"

Most students would have backed away slowly followed by turning to runaway from this girl but this lad just smiled more. "I have a feeling you will change your mind Miss. Venator. Have a pleasant day."

Cedric stood up and left the great hall looking back in the doorway to see Vixen watching him before a group of friends surrounded him and disappeared.

Vixen thought nothing of his threat until she was bedding down for the night. This evening she wore a short blue silk gown and had just pulled the covers back when she heard something tap outside of her stained glass door. She jerked around with her a death spell ready to spill from her lips but no one stood there and she did not feel the presence of anyone. She slowly made her way outside looking around and herd something headed her way from below.

In the air she caught a pebble and knew exactly who it was. At the edge she looked down and there stood Cedric with a handful of enchanted pebbles. "Rapunzel, Rapunzel, let down you hair! Let this slave to your beauty come up to see those eyes just one more time before the sandman takes you to dreamland."

Vixen could feel laughter and embarrassment building in her heart, consuming her stomach and now flowing to her face. A sparkle twinkled in her eyes and a giggle escaped her now smiling lips as she stared down upon a smiling Cedric Diggory.

"Cedric Diggory you are a fool!" she cried while trying to hold back her laughter.

"Turn around!" he shouted up at her and when she did she about fell off the balcony from surprise. The balcony was completely consumes by white flowers of all different shapes and sizes. As she sat with her back against the balcony wall she felt something fall on her. "Damn you Cedric Diggory!" she mumbled as she realized she was being showered in rose pedals. She jerked around to scold Cedric but was once again surprise for he was gone.

Vixen looked around and couldn't find a trace of him and wasn't going to make a fool of herself by going down and finding his tracks to see what he was thinking and why he left. Instead she stared at the flowers. The fragrance made her senses tingle, while the memory of Cedric's silly speech made her laugh to herself and send butterflies through her stomach. That evening Vixen was dancing on a cloud until she saw thick clouds with lightening fluttering inside them which brought her back to her correct state of mind.

"What am I doing? I cannot feel these feelings! I'm stronger then my mother and father! I won't do this! No! I must not have any weakness! This foolishness must stop before it gets any farther!"

Vixen was now in a panic and she threw the flower she was holding and quickly hissed, "diablous inflammo!" All the beautiful flowers burst into wild red flames.

The gonging of the bells sounded to let all know it was midnight. That Cedric had lit a fire inside her greater than the blaze in front of her of the precious flowers. Fires at Midnight she thought as the blazes reflected in her pained eyes until she said her curse. "Animus occulto." And the fire was strangled into lifeless ashes.