6 ~ Discovering the Danger Called Venetor

6

As the sun rose over the fog to greet Hogwarts Vixen found all of the cleaning done leaving only the glass undone.

A long hot shower before she sat at her large vanity where her magic took over styling her hair while also doing her makeup as she read from an ancient book of spells.

When finished she looked in the mirror and was repulsed by the uniform she was given. It was hideous and the fabric was a nightmare however she was a Krystallos and the ugly could be fixed.

The wool sweater was destroyed and replaced with a charcoal cashmere fabric with a silk white blouse underneath, next was the skirt which was all wrong. The fabric quickly unraveled leaving her standing in her room with her top on with just her garter and black stockings with her black heels.

Quickly a new skirt began to knit itself to her body and in moments she was flawless.

In the great hall she found a seat without close neighbors and was greatly relieved when she saw they were allowed coffee and had real fresh cream. Perhaps this place was not as barbaric as she thought but nonetheless there was no doubt it was primitive, especially since they did not have coconut sugar.

. As she stirred the cream and cane sugar a familiar face sat down across from her.

"Good morning Vixen. Where you able to sleep well?" said the hansom boy.

She looked at the boy with wonderment as of why he was talking to her and she realized it was the same boy that had talked to her about her wine the previous evening.

"Listen Vixen, I know you don't like people all that much but there are a lot of good people in this school I think you would have fun with if you would just open up a bit. I can tell you are shy and I can help with that."

Vixen now feeling insulted firmly set down her coffee. "I don't see where you get off thinking you know me but I can assure you that I am not the shy type. Correct I do not like people and there is damn good reason. I understand there are a lot of good people at this school and I have my ways of knowing how that is without ever saying a word to them and I am not here to have fun either therefore I do not need your help with anything whether it be with spells, flying, or socializing. My presence here is entirely professional and I wish to do my studies without any interruption or distractions now thank you for your proposition young man but do both of us a favor and stay away from me!"

The boy just smiled now with a glow in his eyes. He enjoyed her sass and especially her blue eyes. "Before I go Vixen tell me, how it is you know how to read people? Rumor has it you can tell the future! Show me how you know and I will leave!"

Vixen rolled her eyes in annoyance as she reached for his hand. His heart began to race in anticipation for her to touch him but was sadly disappointed when she merely took a hair from his sleeve.

"Cedric Diggory, son of Amos Diggory born 1977. At two your had a case of the muggle measles but recovered within hours. At age six you received your first broom which your father taught you to fly resulting in the scar across your knee from crashing into a thistle bush. When you were accepted to Hogwarts you were so overjoyed you fell into the well because you couldn't stop bouncing. Last year you beat Gryffindor by catching the snitch which your father was so overwhelmed with pride he would not listen to you when you told him it was because Harry Potter fell from his broom. A fair soul I see. Mr. Diggory I can tell you your deepest and darkest secrets. Tell you what you have done and thought you have thought but I assure you I cannot tell you the future."

From behind them a girl's voice interrupted. "You are a true Venator. Latin for hunter! Venators are the greatest hunters for they can tell things about someone just by a footprint, hair, or clothing. You can read their thoughts to the moment the item was attached or touched by the human."

Cedric smiled and said "Thank you Miss. Granger."

Hermione nodded and said, "Though I cannot figure how it is you were not sorted Miss. Venator! In history all Venators have been placed in Ravenclaw."

This was the first time Vixen smile which seemed to take away all the boy's breathe as she coyly said, "Miss. Granger thy mother was a Letalis Basium."

When hearing the name Hermione gasped and turned around to finish her meal without so much as a loud breath.

Once outside the great hall Oliver came strutting her way. "What was that you said to Hermione Granger? After she talked to you she didn't say another word and now she is off to the library before class starts up."

Vixen looked at him and said, "I told her what she didn't know. Good day Mr. Wood."

Potions was Vixens' first class with professor Snape and she just knew he would be thrilled to see her in his class with her coy presence.

As she walked to the dungeon she was jerked inside a closet. "I will teach you to make a fool out of me!" It was the boy she had turned pink along with the white haired boy she saw at the bank.

"We meet again Mr. Flint and Mr. Malfoy. What do I owe the pleasure of this private meeting?"

"You filthy mud blood! How dare you try and make a fool out of me at the train!"

Vixen's eyes now glowed in the closet as she glared at him. "How dare you call me that! How dare you have that thought I possessed muggle blood! My bloodlines are the richest and most powerful in the magic world. I have more power in my thumb nail than your entire family has put together through the decades. Marcus Flint if I hear you so much as put my name and muggle in the same sentence I will see to it you suffer a long painful death now do you understand me?"

Flint now disturbed by this threat nodded as he stuttered, "Yyyyes ma'am." She then turned to Draco and said, "As for you Mr. Malfoy ever picture me as a servant and I will make sure you live the rest of your life as a slave!" By now both boys were in shock and just stared at her glowing eyes until she slapped both of them before exiting the closet.

By teatime everyone in the castle was talking about the new girl and her intriguing yet deadly heritage.