13 ~ Cruelty

Cedric was just staring at Vixen wondering what it was she was thinking. Perhaps she was reading him right now for her arm was still on his and she seemed to be more tense than usual. He sensed something was troubling her which immediately caused him concern. Yes he was a fool in her eyes but she could not chase him away so easily.

An aggravating voice sounded, disturbing their awkward silence which for perhaps the only time in history, they were glad for the interrupting voice. "Bonsoir Madame! You must be from Beauxbatons! My name is Lidia Blaylock and I see you have met Monsieur Cedric Diggory. A champion whose heart belongs to a Madame called Cho Chang. What is your name?"

Vixen first became angered by Lidia's idiocy but after a heart beat she allowed herself to play a sly game to see just how ignorant Lidia could be.

"Bonsoir, enchanté couard guivre. Je m'appelle Licorne, mais te ne parle pas François tu muet vache. Je erspérer tu brulez dans enfer putain! Bientôt! (Definition=good evening, glad to meet you cowardly snake, my name is Licorne, but you do not understand French you dumb cow. I hope you burn in hell whore! See you soon!)

Vixen curtsied in front of Lidia with a smug grin as Lidia stood there dumbfounded for a moment, no doubt trying to figure out what the so called French girl had just said.

Soon Lidia gave up and said, "I'm sorry but do you speak English?"

Before Vixen could snap back an insult to humiliate Lidia, Cedric butted in, "She does not speak English very well but perhaps I could translate for you."

Lidia smiled more and replied, "You are too sweet Ced I wish I could have got my hands on you before Cho did!" Cedric immediately tensed and was sickened by the accusation although not because Lidia was assuming Cho and he were an item but rather it terrified him for the foolish red head to make such a statement in front of Vixen. Vixen could easily make his life a living hell both physically and mentally but the most furyiating moment was when Lidia brushed he hand against Cedric's hand in a bold flirtasous manner before she turned her attention back to whom she was thinking was Miss. Beauxbatons and spoke which was a good thing for Vixen was deathly close to using a spell to cut off Lidia's hand. "Ask her what her name is." Lidia stated removing her hand and looking gleefully at Vixen.

For the next twenty minutes both Cedric and Vixen were on the verge of laughing their lungs out for Vixen was calling Lidia every name there was and Cedric managed to put on a straight face and tell Lidia it was a compliment until a Slytherin students interrupted.

"Excusez moi pouvoir je avez lequel dansent." (excuse me may I have this dance?)

Vixen looked at Cedric with a bit of disappointment but she accepted this masked young man's hand although she was thinking that Cedric was having a harder time relinquishing her hand.

"Toi pouvoir." (You may) she replied.

Out on the dance floor a smug grin crossed the boy's face. "You really should have been sorted into Slytherin. You have such great qualities to be an outstanding Slytherin. Your people skills prove that."

Vixen took a deep breath before she replied, "Mr. Pucey do not assume you know anything about me by witnessing a single act of cruelty. Why is it now you have stepped out of your shallow arrogance to seek a dance?"

"Well Miss. Venator I find you very intriguing and fascinating and am willing to do anything to have you as my girl. We would be a great pair you know."

Vixen grinned a bit by this comment. "Mr. Pucey you are not as cunning and slick as you think you are. You forget what a Venator does yet you continue to lie to my face. The only reason you wish for my presence is because your friend and also foe has taken a fancy to me and you wish to court me before Mr. Malfoy so you will be thought of as regal, but Mr. Pucey I have shocking news for you. Do you know much about Black Widows? Cunning and beautiful creatures but deadly."

Adrian got a bit of a gleam in his eyes as she said this. "I kind of like that idea. Sexual Cannibalism!"

Vixen gave him more of a playful smile before she whispered it. "Crucio!" Adrian fell to the floor in pain for a few seconds before Vixen leaned down and whispered, "how are you liking this carnality?"

The spell stopped and Adrian laid there whimpering in pain as Vixen disappeared into the crowd with an odd feeling trying to creep into her heart... Regret.

*~*~*~*~*