27 ~ Just Can't Take Anymore

He was not Cedric Diggory. He was born Copper Wallace. He had a twin named Cedric who was killed by the girl he loved. When he looked at the haunted girl his heart so desperately sought he found himself unsure of everything and he knew Vixey or Vixen knew it.

Tears began to seep from Vixen's eyes as she hung her head ashamed of what she had done.

Inside Cedric's stomach was churning and his heart was racing as the images of all the deaths replayed in his mind. The smell of blood lingered in the air now but was soon discarded when he noticed Vixen walking away. Looking at her so many sensations rushed through him. Love, hate, beauty, death, grace, blood, and so on until her icy blue eyes met with his. Her eyes showed so much pain that Cedric could feel but she couldn't change her past.

Vixen did not stare for long as she jerked back around and ran off the lake leaving Cedric there to his thoughts. Cedric walked back to the shore and looked up to the castle to notice that her room was glowing just a bit and her shadow was pacing in the room. He knew he was supposed to hate her for killing his brother but something just wouldn't let him.

His mind raced more and more making him think such mad thoughts but before he knew it he was standing outside of her door preparing himself to face this girl. His lungs felt tight and heart seemed to pound in his head until his heavy hands rapped on her door.

On the other side of the door he could hear her footsteps in her dainty high heels and then slowly the door opened and those sea blue eyes appeared under puffy eyelids. She had just let her hair down now but she would not look up at him. Before he could speak she whimpered, "There are ways to summon the Minotaur. It is time he takes me before I spill more blood. If that is not your choice, then know that I am packing to leave and shall never return to this country again."

Cedric took a deep breath before he gently put his finger under her chin to make her look at him. His heart began to race even faster and harder and then he did something neither one could believe.

Cedric knelt down onto one knee and took Vixen's hand in his. "Vixen Venator, I've been head over heels since I first laid eyes on you in Diagon Alley. Tonight has hurt me so much but obviously not as much as you. I cannot forget you for killing my brother nor can I stop the Minotaur from coming. Standing before you now may be a death sentence but..."

Vixen waited for him to strike her with a spell for she deserved to have every bone in her body broke for her past and possibly future but he spoke again.

"Vixen I may never knew how you could murder of my twin but I can stand next to you, the real you I have gotten to know and protect you from the Minotaur as your proud husband."

Vixen was now in shock by his stunning proposal. He wasn't going to hurt her or try and get revenge. He wanted to simply love her. A bit of smoke surrounded his hand before something began to glitter in the fire light.

Vixen's heart completely stopped at that moment as her eyes were locked with Cedric's. His eyes told how serious he was and that there was no catch or trick behind his offer. Vixen knew he deserved better but she truly loved him with all her heart. She wanted to be with him but she couldn't put him through hell.

"Vixen I know you are scared and think you are not good enough for me. How about you stop running and see what you have in front of you! Somebody who loves you! What would your father think?

Vixen's heart stopped when he said that and she thought about it. What would he father say? The ring twinkled in his fingers as he held it and reminded her of the staff which she had received. It was said to be able to talk to the dead? Should she? In her mind she debated as Cedric stared at her with wanting eyes.

"Please Vixen let go of your fears!" begged Cedric.

More tears streamed down her cheek as she looked into his eyes and she knew she wanted him. She always had but her throat seemed to be clamped shut and so all she could do was nod her teary head!

Cedric eyes lightened up as he saw this and he gently placed the ring on her finger before he jumped to his feet and picked her up and swung her around in joy.

Vixen had broken away from her past and looked into the future with Cedric which would be joyous and she did not care for how long. She would rather live this short time in happiness than run in fear for the rest of her life avoiding all love and happiness!

*~*~*~*~*