30 ~ Premonition

30

Vixen pulled her jacket tighter to keep the cold away until she was in Cedric's arms again. Shivers rampaged through her vulnerable body making her unsure if it was because of the cold of the evening or something else having to do with her love in a deadly maze.

She was in no hurry to be near everyone who surrounded the dreadful maze but knew that this was the night Cedric wished to present her to Amos.

As she walked she twirled the ring around her finger in nervous anticipation until she saw Cedric's father who was grinning from ear to ear with joyous pride. It was sweet to see the love this man had for Cedric who was not technically his own son. The love she saw him protray in his smile made her smile as she knew his devote love for Cedric. Deep down she was hoping when Amos found out about his new daughter-in-law he would be half as proud and joyous.

Suddenly he looked over at Vixen and got a wide smile across his face and quickly stood up causing her to freeze. Did he know? She was about to find out it would seem for he was headed her. She stood froze unaware of what she should do or say as he got nearer but her heart sank as he walked right past her to hug Cho Chang which caused a bit of a stab.

In an excited voice the man said to the Chang girl, "Oh my dear you need to come sit with me in the bleachers and tell me your plans! How does the ring fit?"

Cho's eyes widened in both surprise and excitement. "RING?" she exclaimed excitedly as she began to jump up and down with joy. His father nodded and said, "That blue ring belonged to Cedric's Great, Great, Great Grandmother and was to be passed along to all her daughter's daughters but seeing as Cedric is no daughter and is marrying you that makes you our daughter! In Cedric's letters he has told how beautiful you are and how proud and happy you both are! You must be very special for him for he did not come home over Easter holiday which he has never missed in the past. I'm so happy for you two! My wife is so thrilled to be planning a reception! Cho was now in shock and was confused with the puzzle she was now being able to put together.

Vixen wasn't sure she should turn and say something so Cho wouldn't get her hopes any higher and so Mr. Diggory wouldn't make himself out sound more foolish.

"Where is the ring?" he asked with excitement. It actually sings to the men who have wed or are to wed the one who wears it and I can hear it now!"

Vixen's fear was greater at this time as she quickly walked away from the scene and Mr. Diggory soon went to his seat with disappointment which Vixen couldn't help but feel responsible for but that was soon taken over as she felt something escape her body causing her body to shut down and freeze over. Pain and torture filled her insides worse than ever before causing her eyes to tear up. She fell to her knees and painfully whimpered his name.

Everyone stood up around her cheering which seemed to be miles away for she could not hear anything except a somewhat familiar sound in her ear. It was not pleasant and put an even greater fear in her than the Minotaur. A high pitched ringing as if she had just been inside an explosion was the only sound she could hear as she looked around until she caught sight of a portal opening and what it brought was the worst thing there ever could be.

Harry Potter's shuddering and crying body was on top of something-no it was someone and that was when Vixen's eyes locked onto the lifeless hazel eyes of HER champion. The screaming in her ears was that of her love dying!

Before she knew it she running toward him screaming like a banshee but the grasp of students and teachers held her back as she screamed and cried as her world shattered there in the arena. Her beloved husband was dead!

She could feel her heart crumbling and blowing away like sand until she felt empty and that was when she collapsed.